none
query to get firewall detail

Question

• i need to find on how many system firewall is enabled /disabled can some one help me in that
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I would do that with Desired Confgiuration Management, here is an example also including .xml file: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/saikodi/archive/2006/02/02/firewall.aspx

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:38 AM
  • but it would be good if i get the report of it cause i need to show to my management would appriciate if you can help me in that

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

You can generate a nicley looking report on how the compliance state for the Windows firewall DCM rule which will include the information you need.
    Using hardware inventory to inventory if the service is running, but the profile for Public, Domain profiles could still be disabled, and then the report makes no sense.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 9:25 AM
  • yes even if some one generate the report of firwall it can only show you about the firewall service is enable or disabled hard to get all 3 profile details in the report, use DCM as suggested by jorgen i did this for many customer you get the result what you looking for with DCM

Syed Kasif

• Marked as answer by SCCM Newbie1 Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:23 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:03 AM
  • thanks jorgen & syed

ill check with DCM as you suggested

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:23 AM