none
Error code 80242006.

Question

• Some of my updates failed to install. I'm getting Error code 80242006. My system is an Vista service pack 2. Can someone please help with this issue? 
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:24 AM

Answers

• the first one, .net framework doesn't suprise me, i have more problems with those than any other updates.  the other 3 are for vista sp1, not sp2. Have you tried downloading the updates and installing them manually?
    Ok, so I changed my name...you can still call me Tom if you like. It's a...jump...to conclusions...mat.
    • Marked as answer by Barb1974 Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:37 PM

All replies

• what updates are giving this error?
    Ok, so I changed my name...you can still call me Tom if you like. It's a...jump...to conclusions...mat.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:16 PM
  • Here are some of the updates, KB951847x86, Kb955020, Kb950124, KB950760, and counting. Please advise and thanks for responding.
    Debra Miller
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:07 PM
  • the first one, .net framework doesn't suprise me, i have more problems with those than any other updates.  the other 3 are for vista sp1, not sp2. Have you tried downloading the updates and installing them manually?
    • Marked as answer by Barb1974 Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Hi Barb,

Did you use to System Center Essentials deploy these updates? This forum is for System Center Essentials related issues. For questions about Windows Vista, please use the following Microsoft Forums, which would be the best resource for your question.

Windows Vista Forums
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/windowsvistaitpro/

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 10:31 AM