SCCM 2007 Database dont have SMS_R_System Table

Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to perform a standard query on my SCCM SQL Database as bellow:

"Select * from SMS_R_System"
     However, I'm getting the follow error:
    "Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Invalid object name 'SMS_R_System'."

I also checked this table don't exists on the "Tables" of the Database.

There are something misconfigured on my SCCM?

Could anybody help me?

Thursday, July 03, 2014 7:40 PM

All replies

• sms_r_system is a WQL view.

Use V_R_System for SQL.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Thursday, July 03, 2014 7:44 PM
  • Hey Garth! Realy thanks for your quick response

However, now I'm a little confused: In the Statement Properties of the "All System" collection there are the follow query. Note that is used de "SMS_R_System" Table.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from sms_r_system

So, I'm trying to create a similar query for another Collection, through the SCCM Console.

I've choosed the Resource Class as System Resource and, when I click on "Edit Query Statement" button, i can't edit any parameters. 

I was thinking this happened because some problem on the SMS_R_System Table. I'm wrong?

Thursday, July 03, 2014 8:01 PM
  • The CM07 console uses WQL to access the database. The names are similar to what you will see in the SQL database but not the same .

So are you trying to create a Collection aka WQL or a Report (or using SSMS to write a query) aka SQL?

If you are trying to write a collection query aka (WQL), use the wizard and have it do it for you. This is the easiest way to ensure that all the syntax is correct.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Thursday, July 03, 2014 8:21 PM
  • Thanks again Garth

You are right. I'm trying to create a WQL for a Collection. I'll try do it as you suggested and I'll post the results here.

Friday, July 04, 2014 3:18 PM