none
Power Management no data

Question

• Hi All,

I've finish configure and deploy hotfix for power management, then I enable at specific collection, but somehow there are some report not showing their data, it said no data especially that have description for display a graph..

I've check that DundasWebChart.dll and DundasRSChart.dll is there. I'm using default instance reporting service.

Where do I have to check ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:27 AM

Answers

• You don't have to wait for a month, you just need to wait a few days for data to be available. You can start seeing data from inventory after a couple of days.

We do summarize the information daily at midnight, and it is reported through hardware inventory. We enforce that you enable hardware inventory in order to enable power management. If the Hardware Inventory Client Agent is not enabled when you try to enable the Power Management Client Agent, we pop up a message box stating that we're going to enable it.

You do need to wait for your next hardware inventory cycle to see power data reported. That's obviously assuming that it is enabled, and that KB977384 has been installed on the site server and all clients.

You don't really need to apply any power settings to collections to see power usage data. You only need to enable power management on collections if you want to implement power policies.

I did a WebCast on power management in R3 long ago, and we presented on it and demonstrated how to implement it in numerous conferences, such as MMS and TechEd, over the past couple of years. Should be lots of resources out there to get you going. And if issues, then opening a case with CSS is the way to really get answers.

Wally Mead
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:38 AM

All replies

• Go through the log files PwrProvider.log and pwrmgmt.log to get more details. Check in the control panel the power setting got applied or not.

There is technet article available for Power Management Troubleshooting

Have you already seen that?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff977096.aspx

Anoop C Nair - Twitter @anoopmannur

MY BLOG:  http://anoopmannur.wordpress.com

SCCM Professionals

This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:36 AM
  • The logs mentioned here would be the ones to check. After data is generated by power management, we then report it via hardware inventory. So you could search the InventoryAgent.log on the client for references to "power". I don't have an R3 site running right now to verify the exact label in the log, but you should be able to identify it fairly easily.

It does also take some time, seems to me it takes a day to start collecting and reporting data.

Wally Mead
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 1:01 PM
  • I enable at specific collection, but somehow there are some report not showing their data, it said no data especially that have description for display a graph..

Make Sure that the client version is 2157.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Did you Deployed the MSP file contained into the SCCM Package created by installing the hotfix onto you SCCM 2007 SP2 Clients ?

http://scug.be/blogs/sccm/archive/2010/05/14/sccm-2007-r3-beta-refresh-installation-howto.aspx

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 3:34 PM
  • I enable at specific collection, but somehow there are some report not showing their data, it said no data especially that have description for display a graph..

Make Sure that the client version is 2157.
    Yes, already confirm that.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:14 AM
  • Did you Deployed the MSP file contained into the SCCM Package created by installing the hotfix onto you SCCM 2007 SP2 Clients ?

http://scug.be/blogs/sccm/archive/2010/05/14/sccm-2007-r3-beta-refresh-installation-howto.aspx

Yes, of course.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:14 AM
  • The report already came out this morning after I leave it behind for a week. It really took so long.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 3:18 AM
  • somehow there are some report not showing their data, it said no data especially that have description for display a graph..

Can you explain more this ?

so you are able to see the data on few reports ............?

What are those "Some Reports not showing their data" ?

Are you able to browse these reports?

1. Power Settings

2. Power Computer Activity Report

3.Power Insomnia

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:19 AM
  • somehow there are some report not showing their data, it said no data especially that have description for display a graph..

Can you explain more this ?

so you are able to see the data on few reports ............?

What are those "Some Reports not showing their data" ?

Are you able to browse these reports?

1. Power Settings

2. Power Computer Activity Report

3.Power Insomnia

Some I mean I randomly run some report that have a graph but cannot be shown (no data).

For your question:

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes

Monday, October 31, 2011 5:06 AM
  • Hey Krisna,

1. Everyday Clients will report @ 12:00 AM, the best way is to wait for 1 month for Monthly Reporting.

2. You have to turn on Hardware Inventory on All the Primary Servers(Everyday). 

3. Create a test collection and modify collection settings and assign power policy.

4. Make sure you define the exact power parameters.(Eg. Power consumption for Desktop, Laptop etc).

Also mark this as solution if you already got help from above SCCM Masters :).

Regard's

Paz

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:47 AM
  • You don't have to wait for a month, you just need to wait a few days for data to be available. You can start seeing data from inventory after a couple of days.

We do summarize the information daily at midnight, and it is reported through hardware inventory. We enforce that you enable hardware inventory in order to enable power management. If the Hardware Inventory Client Agent is not enabled when you try to enable the Power Management Client Agent, we pop up a message box stating that we're going to enable it.

You do need to wait for your next hardware inventory cycle to see power data reported. That's obviously assuming that it is enabled, and that KB977384 has been installed on the site server and all clients.

You don't really need to apply any power settings to collections to see power usage data. You only need to enable power management on collections if you want to implement power policies.

I did a WebCast on power management in R3 long ago, and we presented on it and demonstrated how to implement it in numerous conferences, such as MMS and TechEd, over the past couple of years. Should be lots of resources out there to get you going. And if issues, then opening a case with CSS is the way to really get answers.

Wally Mead
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:38 AM