none
Migrate incidents and problems to another SCSM server

Question

• Hi there,

We currently have SCSM 2012 RC setup and has already got some incidents and problems logged that we want to keep when we move to the RTM version. We are looking at migrate the incidents and problems onto the new SCSM server when RTM released:

• Is there export and import options available for SCSM 2012 for incidents and problems?

• Can we migrate the SCSM databases to the new management server with different version to the current one (e.g. from RC to RTM)?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Winnie

Monday, January 23, 2012 10:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There are currently no available tools to move/copy WIs from one environment to another, but you could use the Provance Data Management pack, the CSV import function, Orchestrator or SMlets to achieve something like this.

No, you can't migrate your RC database to an RTM installation
    - Your RC is installed in trial and will stop working after 180 days
    - Only TAP customers are allowed/supported in upgrading RC to RTM

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There are currently no available tools to move/copy WIs from one environment to another, but you could use the Provance Data Management pack, the CSV import function, Orchestrator or SMlets to achieve something like this.

No, you can't migrate your RC database to an RTM installation
    - Your RC is installed in trial and will stop working after 180 days
    - Only TAP customers are allowed/supported in upgrading RC to RTM

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Hi Anders,

Thanks for your reply.  And thanks a lot for your great blog.  It has helped me a lot in managing System Center products.

Winnie

• Edited by Winnie Xu Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:11 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:10 PM
  • Hi every body,

I am here to share my problems with you people.

-> I have provance data management pack in SCSM - 2012 by which, i update and store  the data in scsm 2012 sql database from RFID application. Now, i want to display those information [data information] using scsm sdk. 

can it be possible to get the data and display in windows application using c#?

or if any one know the GUID of data management pack of Provance please let me inform.

Thanking you in advance for your precious help and advice.

--

Shahnawaz

scsm 2012 answer

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Hi every body,

-> I have provance data management pack in SCSM - 2012 by which, i update and store  the data in scsm 2012 sql database from RFID application. Now, i want to display those information [data information] using scsm sdk. 

or if any one know the GUID of data management pack of Provance please let me inform.

--

Shahnawaz

scsm 2012 answer

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Hi every body,

--

Shahnawaz

scsm 2012 answer

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:19 AM