none
80070663 error when trying to upgrade the agent?

Question

• Hello,

I have 79 servers which are under Administration > Device Management > Pending Management > Agent Reuires Updates

- When trying to "Approve" it it gives me an error:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: MsiInstaller
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 11708
    Date:  3/9/2012
    Time:  9:54:43 AM
    User:  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: Server2
    Description:
    Product: System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Agent -- Installation failed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Agent Management Operation Agent Install failed for remote computer archibus2.ad.medctr.ucla.edu.

Install account: AD\myself

Error Code: 80070663

Error Description: This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer update package.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The server appears Green Healthy in the SCOM Console, the3 performance counters are reporting ... etc.. it seems working but why it did not get the updates?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Friday, March 09, 2012 5:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Try to deploy the update manually on one of the Agents, and see what is happening? (files might be corrupted)

On the Management Server:

64-bit agents: path:\> Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\AgentMangement\KBNumber\AMD64
    32-bit agents: path:\> Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\AgentMangement\KBNumber\x86

And on the Management Server monitor the Operations Manager eventlog for error starting with 106xx (Agent deployment failures)

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mazen

Friday, March 09, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Hello,

How do I identify which update is missing?

I tried an "Approve" but hard to trace what is going-on...

no error 106xx on the RMS

on the "Agent Per Version" State View all of the machines are listed with 6.1.7221.0 Patch List "Cumulative Update 1 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 (KB974144)" even the one in Pending Managment, not sure what is missing?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Friday, March 09, 2012 10:37 PM
    Friday, March 09, 2012 10:24 PM
  • Hi Dom,

Under Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\AgentMangement what are the folders there?

2495674 Cumulative Update 5

2449679 Cumulative Update 4

2251525 Cumulative Update 3

979257   Cumulative Update 2

the latest CU folder will be containing the required update..

Regards,

Mazen

Friday, March 09, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Hi Mazen,

The only one present is KB974144 which is for CU1

So I will give a try with this one, even they all show as having it in the Agent Version view (:.

Thanks,
    DOm

Friday, March 09, 2012 10:43 PM
  • Ok, and try to repair one of the agents from the console, And on the Management Server monitor the Operations Manager eventlog for error starting with 106xx (Agent deployment failures)
    Friday, March 09, 2012 10:48 PM