none
Failed with error code 0x800700002.

Question

• Hi

I have faced some in issues on the process of Opareting System Deployment.

Although following process is being runing well as mentioned below

1. Advertise on client machine.

2. Capture the WindowsSetting

3. Capture the Network Setting.

4. Copy the Booting Image File

5. restart the system

6. Inializing the Hardware Setting

7. Botting the with upgrading OS

8. Formating the root partition.

Then Since it comes of operating system setting it will give the error message as mentioned snapshoot below

Please suggest us if you had faced before.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:44 AM

All replies

• did you add any network drivers for the chosen hardware to your boot.wim images and then update those boot images to the dps ?

did you verify at the point of failure (press f8) if you had a valid ip address and can ping the FQDN of your Management Point ?

did you review the smsts.log file for additional troubleshooting help - see how here

Step by Step ConfigMgr 2007 Guides | Step by Step ConfigMgr 2012 Guides | I'm on Twitter > ncbrady

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:52 PM
  • Can you try to set the NTFS permission and the Share permission to allow Everyone to have full control - just for testing purposes. Then update your distribution points and try again.
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:21 AM
  • The possible causes for this error are:

1. The package is not distributed to a DP.

2. The client is not in the boundary of the DP.

3. The network access account is not defined.

4. The deployment was specified as "access content directly from distribution point" but the package is not marked with the option "copy the content of this package to a package share".

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:31 AM
  • did you add any network drivers for the chosen hardware to your boot.wim images and then update those boot images to the dps ?

did you verify at the point of failure (press f8) if you had a valid ip address and can ping the FQDN of your Management Point ?

did you review the smsts.log file for additional troubleshooting help - see how here

Step by Step ConfigMgr 2007 Guides | Step by Step ConfigMgr 2012 Guides | I'm on Twitter > ncbrady

Please do as Naill suggests and look at the smsts.log file. I am guessing that if you dont even have the OS applied the smsts.log is going to be on the X:. That log should tell you more.

Kerwin,

if 1 or 2 were true they would see different issues. If 1 were true it wouldnt even start the task sequence and tell you the Package ID of the package missing, atleast in my experiance. 2 they wouldnt even get that far.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:08 AM