none
Client status reporting - lastDDR = [blank]

Question

• Hi,

Client staus reporting installed at Central Site in a multi-tier SCCM hierarchy, with about 20,000 clients.

Running report "Inactive Clients Detail" with blank sitecode and 100 percent as input parameters returns a list of 759 records. All of them have empty value in column "Last DDR (UTC)". Those values are collected from view "v_CH_ClientSummary". When I open this view, the column "LastDDR" is empty for all of our 20,000 clients. Is this correct, or is something wrong here?

It feels as if this status reporting is not really reliable. Do I dare to mark the checkbox "Update Configuration Manager 2007 site database with inactive client information" in the Client Status reporting application options tab? Or will all of our 20,000 client be marked as inactive?

Thanks!
    Friday, February 05, 2010 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, I opened a case with Microsoft, and after after some time the situation cleared up a bit. Here are some snippets from my conversation with Microsoft technician:

"I finally got a confirmation from the Product Group responsible for the CSR tool.

It is by design that the CSR tool only gathers Heartbeat Discovery data for clients reporting to the current site.

It is also not advised to modify the stored procedure as this may cause regression issues (think of multiple heartbeat discovery records in case a client got reassigned multiple times)

This means that the only valid and supported workaround would be to run the CSR tool on the site(s) which have the clients assigned."

The stored procedure referred to is named: "CH_SyncClientSummary", it has a part saying: "...and DiscItemAgents.AgentSite = @currentsite." This clearly shows that LastDDR's only are collected from "currentsite", that is the site where the CSR is installed.

Hopefully the CSR will be developed a bit in the future to fully support a hierarchy.
    Monday, March 01, 2010 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hmmm.... No professionals out there with some opinions about tmy question? Maybe I should register it as a support case with Microsoft?

Regards

Monday, February 08, 2010 9:11 AM
  • OK, no answers here, I will open a case with Microsoft about it.
    Tuesday, February 09, 2010 2:29 PM
  • eriksper, we are seeing the same issue.  Did you get anything resolved with your case?  We are interested in your findings.  Thanks.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 12:47 PM
  • Hi,
    Yes, I opened a case with Microsoft, and after after some time the situation cleared up a bit. Here are some snippets from my conversation with Microsoft technician:

"I finally got a confirmation from the Product Group responsible for the CSR tool.

It is by design that the CSR tool only gathers Heartbeat Discovery data for clients reporting to the current site.

It is also not advised to modify the stored procedure as this may cause regression issues (think of multiple heartbeat discovery records in case a client got reassigned multiple times)

This means that the only valid and supported workaround would be to run the CSR tool on the site(s) which have the clients assigned."

The stored procedure referred to is named: "CH_SyncClientSummary", it has a part saying: "...and DiscItemAgents.AgentSite = @currentsite." This clearly shows that LastDDR's only are collected from "currentsite", that is the site where the CSR is installed.

Hopefully the CSR will be developed a bit in the future to fully support a hierarchy.
    Monday, March 01, 2010 8:56 AM
  • Awesome info.  Thanks for the follow-up, eriksper.  Agreed, hopefully further development of the tool will address this.
    Monday, March 01, 2010 12:10 PM
  • I am having this same issue.  We are on SCCM R3 SP2 on multiple sites.  The tool is being ran on the sites which have the clients assigned and yet it's still now showing any lastDDR's.  All other records show up fine except for the DDR.

Any help is appreciated.

Friday, January 27, 2012 12:10 AM