none
How to hide Library workspace?

Question

• How can I hide the Library for a given User Role in System Center Service manager?
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

Create a user role with all of the Library tasks and views removed. Do not grant the user role access to any CI items. Any user assigned to only this role will not see the Library workspace.

Cheers,

Rob

Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:36 PM
  • They appear to be in a few different MPs:

Service Manager Knowledge Management Library
    Service Manager Knowledge Management Configuration Library
    Service Manager Library Management Pack

P.S. I did this when I posted my original reply on a test user role and it sucessfully removed the library for a user with that role only. Just keep looking for anything that comes up still and remove it.

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:22 PM

All replies

• In 10 days no one has an answer or even an idea for this :(
    Friday, March 04, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Create a user role with all of the Library tasks and views removed. Do not grant the user role access to any CI items. Any user assigned to only this role will not see the Library workspace.

Cheers,

Rob

Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Rob, your advise sound reasonable, Im not sure how would you find all Library related tasks?

Are they all located in the "Service Manager Library Manegement Pack"? Because then I can sort them by the Management Pack and unselect each row.

Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:15 PM
  • They appear to be in a few different MPs:

Service Manager Knowledge Management Library
    Service Manager Knowledge Management Configuration Library
    Service Manager Library Management Pack

P.S. I did this when I posted my original reply on a test user role and it sucessfully removed the library for a user with that role only. Just keep looking for anything that comes up still and remove it.

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:22 PM
  • I have the opposite problem.  I created a Incident Resolver role and limited some tasks and views.  These users cannot see the Library area!  I don't know what to add back (short of access to all views and tasks) to allow users to view the Library and hence access to KB article management.

~DannyRamirez

Friday, March 22, 2013 9:35 PM
  • I think...add back at least one task or view that appears under Library

Rob Ford scsmnz.net
    Cireson www.cireson.com
    For a free SCSM 2012 Auto-Close app click here

Friday, March 22, 2013 9:59 PM
  • I have more than one view and task from the Library, still technicians don't have the Library option in the console.  The only reason I need this, is so that they can create and edit KB articles.  Is there a specific user role for this then?

~DannyRamirez

Monday, March 25, 2013 1:49 PM
  • Danny, when you created the user role, did you limit the Management Packs views?
    If you removed certain management packs at the time that you created the User Role, you cannot add them back. You would have to create a new User Role instead.

Now, For Create and Edit KB Articles, Sort your tasks by Management Packs and Check off the following or what you want to grant:

For Views, same, grant what you want.

Make sure they also have Edit rights as well.

But again, if you cannot find these views and tasks, it's because you didn't grant rights to the MP when you created that role. You cannot re-add MPs to a role you created and saved, you will have to recreated the role from scratch.

Monday, March 25, 2013 2:10 PM
  • That does not sound right.  When on the screen that asks you what management packs you want, the setting you choose there is not saved.  However, this is not the case as I always check ALL.  The user role in question does have both those view and task enabled.  This is why im puzzled.  They have the access, but no way to get to it as the Library tab is not shown at all.

~DannyRamirez

Monday, March 25, 2013 2:16 PM
  • I think my SCSM 2012 is broken.  :(

I just created a new IR role, then went down the line selecting all MP's, all queues, all groups, all views, all task, all ALL.  Added a test user, and still has no access to view Library.  Seems only our Administrator role users can see the library.

~DannyRamirez

Monday, March 25, 2013 2:26 PM
  • I am pretty solid on the conclusion that the Incident Resolver role and the Service Request Analyst role do not have the ability to view Library items, regardless of what tasks and views are assigned to them.  Can anyone else confirm this in their environment?

~DannyRamirez

Monday, March 25, 2013 4:38 PM
  • Hey Danny, 

All my roles in SCSM are right now based off Incident Resolvers and they can view the library Items. I'm not sure what to say. Seems like there is a view/mp missing.

If you cannot even see the Library task, there you are missing your MPs for those library views. See if you can see any *** Library MP when you create the role the first time

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:16 PM