none
Winload error 0xc0000001 The Selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt

Question

• Hi,

I have some issues when using OSD on a remote site with a slow link. This is a virtual VMware machine that is imported into a secondary site with name and mac address. When I start the deployment, the machine downloads the bootimage but crashes when it tries to boot on winPE.

The error I get is

File: \Windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I use the same bootimage with the same vmware setup on all other location and it works ok there.

Have tried to update the bootimage, but still same error. Did also try to create a new vmware machine but got the same error.

I had problems with WDS on this site and had to remove PXE and WDS, reboot and reinstall everything to get the folder remoteinstall populated with files.

The eventviewer, under Deployment-Services-Diagnostics says that the client completed TFTP dowload

My suspicion is that there is some problem with the bootimage on the remote site, but would think that updating the bootimage resolved that.

Does anyone had this issue before?

Regards

Trond Erik

Friday, March 01, 2013 11:34 AM

Answers