none
Error: Failed to import the following drivers

Question

• I am trying to import drivers for a Optiplex 7010.  The driver where download from the http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/3696.optiplex-7010-windows-7-driver-cab.aspx  I select the target path of where the drivers are located. \\server name\drivers\7010-win7\7010\win7\x86.  All the drivers are detected and I select next and choose new package.  The new package is named N7010 and the driver package source \\server name\drivers\ N7010.  I do not want to update my boot image.  I then select finish and the import wizard begins its progress.  However the end results is

Error:  Some Drivers can not be imported successfully.  Please see following details

Error: Failed to import the drivers

An error occurred while importing the selected driver. 

Does the target path have to be on a different partition or server then the driver package source?  Do they both need to be in the same folder?  Do the folders need to be created first before I run the import wizard.  I have been digging thru importing driver documentation for the past couple of days and have tried running it every way.  Any ideas on why my importing drivers keep bombing out?

I would love to get this working

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:11 PM

Answers

• I actually removed that particular driver all together that the 0x80070002 error was pointing too.   Now my my driver catalog shows no errors but the wizard still will not import drivers.  I have also checked all my share permissions for the source drivers and packages and all is shared out to everyone.

Error:  Some Drivers can not be imported successfully.  Please see following details

• Marked as answer by I.T. Nebraska Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:17 PM
    Monday, April 08, 2013 6:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Using the same share name will work fine, i normally use \\server\sources\drivers and \\server\sources\driverpackage so that shouldn't be a problem. In your example above the \\servername\drivers path must exist N7010 will be created when you import the driver. Do the Primary Site Servers computer account have at least write permissions to the share and folder?

You can look in the DriverCatalog.log file for more detailed information about your error asn see if more details are available there.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:15 PM
  • Have been able to solve this problem. It is a known bug in SCCM RC1 and also Final. Microsoft Beta Engineer got a solution for me:

As soon as you dettach an reattach the sccm database in sql, two properties are changed, and sccm isn't able to do certain operations, as importing drivers, or applications.

Run this query against you db: ALTER DATABASE CM_SAG SET TRUSTWORTHY ON

Also verify, that SA is still the owner of the database. And that was i

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please mark as helpful/answer if this resolved your issue

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 6:37 PM
  • I’m currently waiting on administration permissions one the server where the source drivers, and sccm console are located.  Once this is done I will try to import the drivers again.    Mr. SinghSharad I don’t think its a problem with the sql database because the admin before me was able to import drivers for windows 7 with previous models.  Once I do get administration permissions this will also allow me to search log files as well on the console server.  I will post back with my findings and thank you for the help.

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:13 PM
  • I am now administrator of the server where sccm console is installed and where we keep our sccm data files on a different partition but on the same server.  I was able to access the DriverCatalog.log and found the bellow errors currently researching errors now any clues on why I can’t access the INF file?

Failed to access driver INF file. Code 0x80070002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 3:40 PM
  •  (0x80070002) File Not Found

Windows did not find one or more files in the device driver package, as referenced in the .inf file. This error can occur:

• If the complete device driver package is not copied from the vendor-provided media to the folder location used for installation by the computer.
    • If the original .inf file was edited to customize the installation, then there likely is an error in referencing one or more of the required files.

Solution

• Ensure that the complete device driver package is copied to the folder location used for installatation by the computer.
    • If you customize the .inf file, then ensure that all references to files in the .inf file point to the correct folders containing the device driver package files.

Check out this link, that could help you,

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd349453(v=ws.10).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/dd744355(v=ws.10).aspx

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 4:27 PM
  • I actually removed that particular driver all together that the 0x80070002 error was pointing too.   Now my my driver catalog shows no errors but the wizard still will not import drivers.  I have also checked all my share permissions for the source drivers and packages and all is shared out to everyone.

• Marked as answer by I.T. Nebraska Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:17 PM
    Monday, April 08, 2013 6:53 PM