none
Self Service Portal field dependencies

Question

• Hi!

SCSM and the Self Service Portal + Orchestrator is great! The only thing i miss is the field dependencies in SSP. Example: 

I have a "Request New User" Request Offering with some standard fields like First Name, Last Name and so on. I would like to have an list that list the types of employees and if they choose temp or trainee or something like that then i want that it's required to set an end date, but not if it's a regular employee

Other example is that i want the title of the user to be required and i want to query for all the titles that we already have and let them choose from that. The problem is that they need to be able to enter a new title if they can't find a good one in the list. How do i make the new title field required if you have not choosen any title in the list.

Stuff like that! So my question is if this can be accomplished with some C Sharp programming or some other way? Or is it the Sharepoint server that i need to modify? Or both?

Samus

Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:09 PM

Answers

• Your requirements can't be done in SCSM SSP.

As the source code isn't available for the SCSM SSP (the Silverlight webpart) you can't do any modification in the code of SSP.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Friday, April 19, 2013 9:40 PM