none
SCOM 2007 upgrade failed: Cross platform management packs are imported in this..

Question

• I had an evaluation copy of SCOM 2007 R2 which has expired. I have purchased the licensed copy of SCOM 2007 R2 and trying to install it. 

I am getting the error saying cross platform management packs are installed which should be removed first before upgrade. Now I cannot connect to SCOM console to manually remove those management packs as my evaluation period is already over.

Is there any way by which I can remove the management pack other than console. Where are they located on disk? can I delete them manually?

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• One thought:  Can you get the Powershell command shell to work even though the eval has expired?  If so, you might be able to execute a Powershell command line like:

Get-managementpack | where{$_.displayname –like “*Test*” | uninstall-managementpack

This is just speculation on my part as I don't know exactly what gets disabled when the eval expires.

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, System Center Cross Platform

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:24 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Michael.

Unfortunately the SCOM powershell is also prompting for upgrade and not allowing to execute any command. I tried to manually delete the .mp files in install directory. The problem still persists. 

Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:00 AM
  • See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagerdeployment/thread/67ae53df-8371-4374-8a05-2a2a87d4209a.  This posting describes the same problem you have, and a solution that might work for you.

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, System Center Cross Platform

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:11 PM