none
How can I add a Service Manager WPF Control to a Custom WPF Form in 2012?

Question

• I got this to work in Service Manager 2010, but in Service Manager 2012, adding a control from the Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SMControls.dll library gives an error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.SharedResources, Culture=neutral' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

What assembly is missing?  I cannot find the named assembly anywhere.

Monday, January 09, 2012 9:56 PM

All replies

• See this library in the Service Manager 2012 Authoring Сonsole

C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2012 Authoring\PackagesToLoad

• Proposed as answer by PeTrProduct Friday, February 10, 2012 11:04 AM
    • Edited by PeTrProduct Friday, February 10, 2012 11:16 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Brandon Ryan Friday, February 10, 2012 2:27 PM
    Friday, February 10, 2012 11:04 AM
  • Did you recently upgrade to SM2012? Are you using Visual Studio?

Try reloading the controls in visual studios from the SMControls.dll library from wherever you installed the SM2012 console (or even the management server).

I had similar trouble and basically I removed all SCSM control references from Visual Studios. Next I copied all of the SM2012 DLLs to a directory on my development machine. Then I re-added the controls to Visual Studios using DLLs from that directory..everything worked as expected then. It's not a very elegant solution, but it worked. (It would be safer to simply reference the DLLs from the console installation directory or the managemet server so when patches are released you'll be referencing the latest DLL versions)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:25 PM