none
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80080005'

Question

• Hi All . I have problem on the the reporting.: any idea..
    everytime I have to restart the whole server to resume it.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:05 AM

Answers

• how can I access ssrs report ??? are the reports the same as in Report viewer ??? since I have some custom reports there

and I want to know the problem for Report viewer first.

You can see them from the Reporting Service node. You can use the built-in feature to convert the old ASP report to SSRS.

I wouldn't bother trying to fix the ASP reports. They will break for no reason and will crash for a lot of reason. SSRS is the only option in CM12 and therefore you should be learning them now.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

Thursday, July 03, 2014 11:52 AM

All replies

• Do you have a problem with the ssrs reporting too? Or just the old ASP reporting. It is recommend to only use ssrs reporting and stop using the ASP reporting as it has too many problems.

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:25 AM
  • That's an access denied error. Something is messing with your permissions. The ASP page is trying to insatiate an object, probably a COM object. You can crack open the ASP page and look at the line number given to determine what exactly it's failing on and then troubleshoot from there.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 1:23 PM
  • where can I check the file location ? sorry`~ i am very new to it~~!
    Monday, June 30, 2014 2:28 AM
  • line 1046  Set myReporting = Server.CreateObject("SMSRPHost.SMSReporting")
    line 1047   ConnectionStatus = myReporting.Connect(Session("SMSSiteCode"), Session("SQLMachine"), _
    line 1048    Session("SQLDatabase"), Session("DBConnectionTimeout"), Session("DBCommandTimeout"))
    line 1049    Call SMSErrorPrint(myReporting.LastError)
    line 1059    If ConnectionStatus <> 0 Then
    line 1060   ' Dim LastError
    Monday, June 30, 2014 3:19 AM
  • Hi all~~ I still have no idea about this ~~~
    Wednesday, July 02, 2014 2:52 AM
  • Does the ssrs report version work? If so use them instead.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 9:58 AM
  • how can I access ssrs report ??? are the reports the same as in Report viewer ??? since I have some custom reports there

Thursday, July 03, 2014 2:32 AM

You can see them from the Reporting Service node. You can use the built-in feature to convert the old ASP report to SSRS.

I wouldn't bother trying to fix the ASP reports. They will break for no reason and will crash for a lot of reason. SSRS is the only option in CM12 and therefore you should be learning them now.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 11:52 AM