none
Create Task in SCSM Console to update incident status

Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to create a customized Task in SCSM Console to change the status of an incident's status, for example, clicking this task to change the incident status to "Acknowledged".

Is it a easier way to do it without using SMLets?

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick Zhang

Friday, February 24, 2012 4:53 PM

Answers

• Actually, SMLets are only used initially to determine the GUID of the actual template. So you won't have to install SMLets on each and every client that are running the console.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Patrick,

You could create a template that sets the incident status (you need to use the console task to set the status when creating the template).

Then you could just apply template as usual or use the following solution.
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/09/08/incident-quick-templates.aspx

Patrik Sundqvist Solutions Architect @ Gridpro AB Blog: http://blogs.litware.se

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:28 PM
  • Thanks Patrik for your prompt help!

before I test it out, I notice there is statement like "Get-SCSMObjectTemplate..." does it mean it needs to run SMLets? if yes, does it mean I have to have all the consoles have SMLet installed?

Thanks!

Patrick

Patrick Zhang

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:15 PM
  • does it mean it needs to run SMLets? -> Yes

if yes, does it mean I have to have all the consoles have SMLet installed? -> Yes

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:07 AM
  • Actually, SMLets are only used initially to determine the GUID of the actual template. So you won't have to install SMLets on each and every client that are running the console.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:19 AM
  • thanks guys! I have to wait till next week to do some testing, and as I am swamped at the cut-over.

Patrick

Patrick Zhang

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:48 PM
  •  Hello people.... I'm trying to do the same thing, and following above instructions tried to import the MP and XML from QuickTemplates but XML failed with this error:

Error 1:
    : The Target attribute value is not valid. Element Incident.QuickTemplates.ShowConsoleTasks references a Target element that cannot be found.

By the way i replaced template ID with my own ID obtained with the smlets get-scsmobjecttemplate -displayname 'IR Paso' | ft DisplayName, ID -auto

Is there something i'm doing wrong???

Thanks in advance.

Víctor Gacitúa C.
      Chile

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:28 PM