none
SCSM 2012 Request Offering

Question

• Hello Please i have question about the request offering i created request offering that have 4 user prompts that problem that i can't map more than one prompts to uesr inputs so how i can map all of them to user inputs.

thanks

Ahmed Ali

Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:52 AM

Answers

• If there's no suitable fields to map the prompts to, you would have to extend the class with properties by yourself - yes. And yeah, this could lead to a high ammount of additional properties which you have to add to the Service Request class. Another option is to add generic properties, such as Text1, Text2, Text3 and use them for the different Request Offerings. Then you can keep the number of class extensions to a minimum.

Class extension will appear on the Extension tab on the Service Request form by default.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

• Marked as answer by x Ahmed Ali Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:17 AM
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Ahmed,

Every single prompt must be mapped to a unique property, and if you can't find enough properties when you are configuring these mappings it might be nescessary to extend the Service Request class.

Regards
    //Anders

Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:15 AM
  • thanks for you reply, whic mean when i need to add for example three prompts i need to extend the class to add three user inputs , even so if i have more than request offering and each one require three prompts how i can make it at the form this is impossible beacuse at this time i will have Service Request form with three pages right or wrong.

thanks

Ahmed Ali

Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:59 AM
  • If there's no suitable fields to map the prompts to, you would have to extend the class with properties by yourself - yes. And yeah, this could lead to a high ammount of additional properties which you have to add to the Service Request class. Another option is to add generic properties, such as Text1, Text2, Text3 and use them for the different Request Offerings. Then you can keep the number of class extensions to a minimum.

Class extension will appear on the Extension tab on the Service Request form by default.

Regards
    //Anders

• Marked as answer by x Ahmed Ali Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:17 AM
    Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Thanks alot

Ahmed Ali

Saturday, March 10, 2012 10:17 AM