none
SCE 2010 Computer Groups Not Updated

Question

• Hello!

We are using SCE 2010 and it works fine. However, since a couple of weeks, when editing Computer Groups, they do not update. For instance, when adding computers to a group we use for software deployment, the computers does not show up. These are already managed computers and they are used in other groups. When I right-click the group and select Edit Group, I see the correct number of computers at "Members of this computer group: 15". But when closing, and looking at Computer Groups it says only 11.

Is there a synchronization problem somewhere? Thank you for providing some hints.

Greetings... Jörgen

Friday, June 24, 2011 4:58 PM

All replies

• Hello Jörgen,

Firstly, please check if it was caused by the duplicate SUSClientID as this thread:

Computers missing from a group
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/systemcenterinventory/thread/5e5e78d4-6d08-4013-bd67-0f7fc84f59ac

If it is not the case in your scenario, can you find all these clients which didn't appear in All Computers group?

If yes, please delete these clients in SCE console, then re-deploy the agent to these computers and check whether they will appear in All Computers group.

If not, please open WSUS console on your SCE server, and check whether these clients are in the "All computers" group.

Also, open SCE console, navigate to “Administration" space, choose "agent Managed" and make sure all clients are in the list.

Open ADUC on your DC, make sure all clients are in the "SCE Managed Computers" group.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 27, 2011 11:54 AM
  • Hello Yog Li,

Thank you for your answer. However, I can manage all computers and they do all appear in the All Computers group. I have created groups for Software deployment. So for instance I had a group for called Software - Silverlight with 2 computers. I wanted to add a third one, I can add it. But it never shows up in the group. When I edit the group I can see that the computer in question has been checked, and the Members of this computer group says 3. But I only see two!

I have tried to run LinkDG.exe but no errors are found and all groups are accounted for.

Thank you for further help.

Kind regards,

Jörgen

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:31 PM
  • Hello Jörgen,

Thanks for your information. I understand this issue more clearly now.

I have post some suggestions in the previous reply. Did you check the SusClientID? Did you try to re-deploy the agent? Did you check "SCE Managed Computers" group? What are the results?

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 11:22 AM
  • Hello Yog Li,

Did you check the SusClientID? We are not using sysprep, manually installed clients.

Did you try to re-deploy the agent?No, but all computers are managed, and no errors on agents in SCE 2010, software can be deployed etc. However, I will try to redeploy one or two machines.

Did you check "SCE Managed Computers" group? The clients are all there.

Thank you for your input. Any further ideas? Could it be a synch issue for the SQL server vs. SCE or something?

Kind regards,

Jörgen

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:40 PM