none
How to get the DP's list from the MP using MP API in SCCM

Question

•  

Hi All,

Is it possible to get a list of Distribution points that SCCM client receives when runing any advertisement.

I need to write a script which finds the nearest SCCM DP's from the Managment Point and create a network mapped drive using that distribution poiint.

I have gone throught the SCCM SDK and it appeares like it is possible, but I do not know how to create a script using a VBscript.

Any help on this would be much appriciated. Thank you!

-Madan

Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:22 PM

All replies

• What's the exact reason for having this script? ConfigMgr already does this for you ... why can't you use some logic in your script that uses the current directory or why don't you use the "map drive" functionality within ConfigMgr?

Monday, December 01, 2008 8:49 AM
  • Hi Torsten Meringer,

Thanks for you response. Actually, we have to run a self-service website which list of all the SCCM packages available on the distribtions points. Here the script that I was talking about should create a "Map Drive" to the client's nearest DP, when the user selects to install a package from the website.

Thank you,

Madan

Monday, December 01, 2008 12:09 PM
  • This is the wrong approach in my eyes (although it might work). I would just kick off an advertisement on client-side and let the ConfigMgr client take care of locating the content.

Monday, December 01, 2008 1:41 PM
  •  

We do not want to create so many advertisements for the packages which we really do not deploy on regulor basis.

We want to provide this option for the packages, which are required very rarely and the user can install on their own.

Any help to get the DP's list would be much appriciated.

Thanks,

-Madan

Monday, December 01, 2008 2:34 PM
  • I'm looking for the same thing.  But I would also like to figure out how to get content location for a bunch of PKGID's. 
    Friday, December 12, 2008 3:10 PM