none
Internal error 2738

Question

• I'm running windows vista home premium on my pc but I've had too many problems getting spss work run smoothly. I've tried to uninstall but each time the error message "internal error 2738" pops up, and the operation terminates. I've had to resatart my pc several times but I can't find a solution to the problem. Can anyone help please?
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:23 PM

Answers

•  Charles Fosu wrote:
    I'm running windows vista home premium on my pc but I've had too many problems getting spss work run smoothly. I've tried to uninstall but each time the error message "internal error 2738" pops up, and the operation terminates. I've had to resatart my pc several times but I can't find a solution to the problem. Can anyone help please?

Hi Charles - This error indicates that the VBScript DLL is not properly registered on the Vista machine. You should be able to fix it it running the command

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

from a command prompt. Please let us know if this fixes the problem

Friday, June 29, 2007 10:20 PM

All replies

•  Charles Fosu wrote:
    I'm running windows vista home premium on my pc but I've had too many problems getting spss work run smoothly. I've tried to uninstall but each time the error message "internal error 2738" pops up, and the operation terminates. I've had to resatart my pc several times but I can't find a solution to the problem. Can anyone help please?

Hi Charles - This error indicates that the VBScript DLL is not properly registered on the Vista machine. You should be able to fix it it running the command

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Friday, June 29, 2007 10:20 PM
  • i tried this and i do not know what to enter before i enter your info because if i just enter it with no command i get the message ..."is not recognized as an internal or external command, or operable program       treat e like an iolliterate and tell me exactly what to enter as this problem is about to make me scream   i cannot enter my palm ox or my hp printers without this message  thanks for any help you can give me
    Sunday, July 01, 2007 1:02 AM
  • Jonathan you rock!!  I was having a problem installing an update for Windows Vista, it kept saying "error 2783", and something regarding "VBScript run time for custom action".   Anywho, in the run command, (bratcherbs, click the start button then click the run command then type the above regsvr32 vbscript.dll then ok) I entered the above and wella, it worked!!!!!!  Problem fixed!!

Thank you soooo much Jonathan!

Connie

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 7:00 AM
  • Hi i had the same problem and i try and it work, can i add (regsvr32 vbscript.dll) in the autoexec.bat.

Thanks

Sunday, July 08, 2007 3:24 PM
  • Connie - Great to hear that it helped you!

Maxim - That shouldn't be necessary, once you've re-registered the DLL it should stay registered across reboots

Charles - Did you get your problems sorted out? I don't know what you mean by SPSS.

Sunday, July 08, 2007 6:44 PM
  • when i tried that i got another error code

[Window Title]
    RegSvr32

[Content]
    The module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.

For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

[OK]

if anyone can help me that would be great.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:32 PM
  • zingwing, make sure you right click on the command prompt icon and select "run as administrator" before you attempt to run the command:  regsvr32 vbscript.dll
    Friday, July 13, 2007 3:55 PM
  • i'm having problems with the whole 2738 error message and i tried the run command thing and it did not work! so what else can i do???

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:05 AM
  • I have the same problem trying to uninstall "Palm" software. Does anyone know the solution?

Friday, August 03, 2007 5:34 PM
  • Thanks very much. This solved my problem and "Palm" uninstalled just fine.

Farny

Friday, August 03, 2007 6:20 PM
  • OK - so maybe I'm the idiot here...I've read several threads on this error and all say the same thing ... "run as an administrator". I get the "run" command prompt (from Vista), right click and get the usual stuff that includes properties. It says I'm the administrator but it won't let me "run" anything. How do I make it let me "run as administrator"?

Thanks,

Scotty2

Saturday, August 04, 2007 10:51 PM
  • No you're not an idiot! LOL..i just did the same thing until a light bulb flashed in my head. I was running a regular "run" prompt. What you should do is go to  All Programs > Accessories > then right click on "command prompt" then you should see run as administrator.

I just did it and it worked perfectly..

Monday, August 06, 2007 11:50 PM
  • Just wanted to say thanks to you guys. Trying to get doc to go on to Palm and found the forum. SO bloody helpful!

Cheers to you sympathetic folk!
    AKP
    Thursday, August 09, 2007 5:11 AM
  • many thanks this worked for me

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Monday, August 13, 2007 9:33 AM
  • Sometimes you just don't see what's right in front of you face - thanks. Next time I'll put my glasses on! 

Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:01 PM
  • You are wise Obi Wan - Many thanks!!!

Sunday, September 02, 2007 6:01 AM
  • Hi all,

I have read all your replies but i still get an error when trying to register the DLL (the module "vbscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLregisterserver failed with error code 0x80004005. for more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search item) I can't run "run" as admin - when i right click on "run" it doesn't give me the option. oh and I am running vista, if that helps.

Cheers,

Elijah.

Sunday, September 02, 2007 11:45 AM
  • Elijah,

I think you're close, but I think you are going about it the wrong way.  Try START --> ALL PROGRAMS --> ACCESSORIES --> COMMAND PROMPT and right-click on command prompt.  That should give you the option to run as admin. on Vista.

Sunday, September 02, 2007 3:54 PM
  •  Jonathan Hardwick - MSFT wrote:

Charles Fosu wrote:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

Yes we are fixed the problem, thanks soo much...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 7:32 PM
  • I followed your directions and it worked.  Thanks for the advice everyone.

Saturday, September 15, 2007 2:08 PM
  • Sorry! that was obvious!

Thanks for that.

Monday, September 17, 2007 11:11 AM
  • i tried the vbscript thing and it said it failed to download.
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:24 PM
  • that didnt work for me. what do i do?
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 10:28 PM
  • This forum is the coolest thing!  You guys are so supportive!  I'm very very new to computers and I don't feel so stupid now!

Thanks a bunch!!!

cwbjdane
    Friday, September 21, 2007 11:20 PM
  •  

I'm running windows vista home premium on my pc but I've had too many problems getting spss 13 to install but each time the error message "internal error 2738" pops up, and the and the installation process ends without installing spss. please help me out to install spss as it is very much needed for my project.
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 12:53 PM
  •  

Thanks guys....I was trying to un-install BizTalk 2006 on Vista ultimate and was receiving this error. With these instrcutrions I was able to get this done.

Thanks!

Saturday, September 29, 2007 3:58 PM
  • Jonathan,

You saved me!! 

I've had nothing but trouble with my PalmOne software since upgrading to Windows Vista Home Premium.  Palm finally has a Vista compatible sync manager and desktop application and I needed them to get my Treo back in service.

The fix is a new install and not an upgrade so Palm says to uninstall the previous version before installing the new stuff.  That's when I got the Internal Error 2738 (no other info).  I googled what little info I had and quickly found your answer to Charles Fosu.  I went to the command prompt in accessories and entered the regsvr32 command for the vbscript.dll and ...

IT WORKED!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Ramone

Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:10 PM
  • Thank you very much, it helped me intall the blackberry desktop software on vista. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Gretchen

Saturday, October 27, 2007 5:25 PM
  • Hi T. Greene, your spot on here to fix the Internal error 2738 and how you described it was the best and most helpful in helping me remove HP Photosmart Essential as I now have the newer and better HP Photosmart Essential 2.5 which when ever I loaded my camera both at the same time would pop up to upload the pictures. When I tried to remove the older version Essential I got that error script followed your advise and viola worked perfect. All thanks to you. Went to college for computers but finsished before xp and vista came out so Vista is quite tricky and picky but I love it, LOL. Anyways....Thank-you and have a great year. Patrice (pac2746).

Sunday, October 28, 2007 3:04 PM
  • I also am getting the internal error 2738. I am trying to uninstall an older version of Palm software so I can install a newer version.

Each time I go to the control panal and try to uninstall the palm program, it starts to uninstall, then this internal error comes up. I have tried several times, even in safe mode, but I do not get the program to uninstall.

I saw your commend, what is a command prompt.

Thank You,

Bob

Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:19 PM
  • Could you please tell me step by step what you did to uninstall the palm program.

I got the internal error 2738.

I tried to solution here to go to the run command and  run regsvr32 vbscript.dll.

However I got a error code 8X80004005.

I can not get rid of the old palm software.

Thanks

Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:32 PM

• I think I did as you recommended.
    However...this error message comes up:

'regsvr' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

..this is under Vista Home Premium and the reason for all this is I am trying to upload a Logitec Webcam program update which stops loading with the message "Internal error 2738"

Much obliged if you could help.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:04 PM
  • That worked for me also! How about another one for you Jonathan? I cannot click on the Accept button once Acrobat Reader 8.0 has loaded, therefore I can't use reader! Bummer
    Tuesday, November 06, 2007 1:51 AM
  • Hello Everyone,

You all have been very helpful with the Internal Error 2738. I did the run command, however, now my computer tells me:

'regsvr32vbscript.dll' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Could you please help me solve this issue.  I am running Vista Business on my laptop.  Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Bertillia

Friday, November 09, 2007 8:34 PM
  • Bertilla - you need to add a space between "regsvr32" and "vbscript.dll"

Sunday, November 11, 2007 6:19 PM
  • Thank you Jonathan, I have done it and it worked like a charm. 

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:00 PM
  •  

T. Greene

I was running a regular "run" prompt also. I had no idea why I was having a problem. Thanks for your helpful post.

J. Green

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:44 PM
  • Hi I am running windows Vista Business but i am trying to download new software for my nokia phone but a error 738 coulf not run VBscript run time custom action any help please.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:27 PM
  • Did SCOTTY get the error 2738 to work help me please. I want to hot sync my palm.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:01 PM
  • I get the problem when i´m trying to install Nokia Update Software. I tried the fix (regsvr32 vbscript.dll) when running the command prompt as administrator. It said the registration went fine but the problem remains (tried to reboot, but doesn't help).

I´m running Home Premiuim.

Thank you for any replies!
    Tuesday, February 05, 2008 10:54 AM
  • I get error 2738 when launching Exchange 2007 SP1 SDK msi file on Vista Ultimate.  Registering vbscript.dll did not help at all.  Any other alternatives?

Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:46 AM
  •  Roman Rozinov wrote:
    I get error 2738 when launching Exchange 2007 SP1 SDK msi file on Vista Ultimate.  Registering vbscript.dll did not help at all.  Any other alternatives?

Yes, if you are running 64-bit then try "c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32" insted.
    Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:51 AM
  • I am trying to install Logitech Webcam software and run into same 2738 error.  I did "click the start button then click the run command then type the above regsvr32 vbscript.dll" and I got this message "DLLRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeded".  But I am still getting the 2738 error.   I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit. 

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:45 AM
  • You are a beautiful person.  Thanks!

Monday, February 18, 2008 11:45 PM
  • Brilliant! Thanks. I keep asking myself why M$ didn't beta test Vista  so as to avoid these problems; this is about the third similar minor glitch I've had, and they are really annoying.

Now I hope I will be ably to sync with my Palm again, though using Outlook 2007 may still cause me problems.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:51 PM
  • Hi Jonathan,

I am receiving the 2738 error when trying to install the Blackberry Desktop software and your solution in the previous messages does not work for my issue. Can you recommend any other solutions?

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:21 AM
  • I just wanted to add that the same solution that worked for everyone else did not work for me.  I'm on a 64-bit version of Vista which could be why or because I have VS2008 installed but I had multiple versions of vbscript.dll with different dates and different sizes.  Running the regsvr32 vbscript.dll in C:\windows\System32 did not work.  However, I found a vbscript.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and running regsvr32 in that directory on that vbscript.dll fixed my problem.

Hope this helps others.

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:10 PM
  • Finally the right answer ! Smile Thanks a lot for the SysWOW64 tip!
    Saturday, April 12, 2008 1:27 PM
  • i really dont understand like wat am i pose to do . im trying to download itunes and it tells me i cant and this 2738 pops up but i dont know wat to do i see u have a solution but im not to good wit computer so can u help me...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 11:13 PM
  • 43 Thank you so much, after starting the CMD in admin mode the registration of the vscript.dll works fine and solve the problem. Excellent!!!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:48 AM
  •  Kiwanda wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

I am receiving the 2738 error when trying to install the Blackberry Desktop software and your solution in the previous messages does not work for my issue. Can you recommend any other solutions?

Sunday, May 11, 2008 4:36 AM
  • Hi Jonathan. I put in regsvr32vbscript.dll and I get this file does not have a program associated with it for  preforming this action create an association in the set association control panel. I hope you can help me.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:16 AM
  • Not sure this is the right thread to help, but I was trying to download the MSN stock quote updater into Excel. I have Vista office installed. I received the error 2738. When following the instruction here I now get and error code 0x80004005 "The modual was loaded but the call to the DIIRegisterServer failed" Is there anything I can do?   

Saturday, June 07, 2008 4:48 PM
  • Actually I just kept trying to download it and I'm not sure what happened but on the 5th time it worked.  I guess the 5th time is the charm.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 5:10 PM
  • THANK YOU !!!!! For those of us who are "dos dummies", the space between the two made all the difference!

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Hello Bertilla,

You probably don't remember this ? The internal error 2738 you wrote to Microsoft about? Did you ever get the fix for this problem?

kb3hmq  /

Rick

Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:59 PM
  • Jonathan Hardwick said:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

That's it!

Thanks ;)

Friday, February 13, 2009 11:50 AM
  • Worked for me! Your the best!
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 5:22 PM
  • There are cases when just re-register of vbscript.dll does not work (I had one such case). Found this article which pointed at a root cause, and helped me solve the problem.  http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/06/07/3151752.aspx

If you have these scripting engines registered under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, you need to make sure that you remove that registration and re-register them under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.  You can use the following steps to unregister them from HKEY_CURRENT_USER:

1. Click on the Start menu, choose Run, type cmd and click OK
    2. To unregister the VBScript engine, run this command:  reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f
    3. To unregister the JScript engine, run this command: reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F414C260-6AC0-11CF-B6D1-00AA00BBBB58}" /f
    • Proposed as answer by Rick Nason Friday, September 30, 2011 3:00 PM
    Friday, June 05, 2009 3:57 PM
  • This worked perfectly for me!  I've spent hours trying to load my 3-year old HP Scanjet software onto my new VISTA computer.  Changing the command prompt to the SysWOW64 directory and running the regsvr32 was the answer!  This was also fun for me to reach back 20 years and apply my knowledge of DOS.  You made me very happy!  By the way, for those of you who need to do this, type cd c:\windows\SysWOW64 to change the directory.  Then type the regsvr32 vbscript.dll command.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:05 AM
  • thank you really much, you solved my problem
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 7:02 PM
  • When I typed in the code regsvr32vbscript.dll the response on the computer is cannot find. I may not being doing it properly. I clicked start, accessories, run, then the above code.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:22 PM
  • Jonathan - do I use the regsvr32 even on a 64 bit system?? Sorry to sound stupid!!
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 8:57 PM
  • I'm trying to install my Palm Pilot Desktop software but as soon as the wizard is executed I get the internal 2738 message.  The Palm web site says it's outdated Window Script software and directs me to a MircoSoft web site to get an update.  But when I get there, it redirects me to a Windows 7 site - then I'm lost. I'm pretty sure my software is not out of date - this is a brand new Dell computer that is less than a week old.  My Palm Pilot is only about 1 year old (it's copyright date is 2005).  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm not very computer literate so the simpler the better.

I was referred to this forum.  I've read through everything and I've followed the instructions to register the vbscript.

I did everything as suggested and got all the responses that were expected to appear.

However when I reran the installation I still get the same internal 2738 message.

I read through the forum/thread again and noticed that everyone is referencing Vista and I'm on Windows 7...it must make a difference? 

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:34 AM
  • Thanks bro, This method did work for me.
    Thursday, May 06, 2010 5:49 PM
  • Thanks for the help.

Four hours should not be too long to download itunes! Ha

Sunday, May 16, 2010 2:32 PM
  • I have done the c prompt thing. I have purchased 70 dollars worth of registry fixers. I am battling terminal cancer and I believe with my whole heart that this error 2738 message will kill me before the cancer does. I have been trying to fix for 3 days now. Can anyone from Microsoft help? Ive tried forums, blogs, etc and the fix they give doesn't work!!! Running Windows 7 Home Premium on this laptop. can anyone give me a real solution before I die?

by the way, when I did the dll thing from command prompt is does say successful, yet the install still doesn't work.

Friday, June 25, 2010 7:04 PM
  • by the way, when I did the dll thing from command prompt is does say successful, yet the install still doesn't work.

I'm experiencing the same thing installing some other msi based software. I'm starting to wonder if this problem is related to Windows 7 Home Premium.  I've tried all the tricks (regsvr32 etc.) and it didn't help. And I don't have the entries in the registry that you are supposed to delete.
    Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:03 PM
  • hey i have a problem and need help can anyone help me please...error 2738 could not access Vb script run time for custom action what do i do.im trying to down load my vz access manger for my broadband internet for my computer... my e-mail is budlight31@live.com
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:52 PM
  • Don't know if this will help anyone, but I was having the same problem installing biztalk server dev sdk on windows vista. I tried all the suggestions, kept getting the message that vb had been successfully registered, yet  still kept getting the same 2738 error. However, I run on a 64-bit OS, and when you open command prompt as admin (or otherwise) it goes automatically to the system32 folder (on my pc anyway)

So, on a whim, I changed dir (cd..  then cd syswow64) to the syswow64 folder, ran the command again, got the usual message that it had been registered, and voila! My installation worked like a charm!

• Proposed as answer by dotunex Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:18 PM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:18 PM
  • Hi; I try to reinstall "Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK Refresh.msi" under Window 7 x64

Don't worked for me, I run "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" in C:\windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64;

Sunday, November 21, 2010 8:48 AM
  • This worked when getting the same error installing the Staples Easy Print software. Thanks.
    Friday, February 04, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Hi, my name is Jeff. I have been having the same problem for two weeks trying to employ wifi plug-in virgin mobile...My installer was showing error code 2738 vb script time not enabled...i run on dell vostro 200 windows vista..I tried different advice from forums such as command prompt regsvr32 vbscript.dll. but it didn't work.. nothing did..but I found the solution tonight and am very happy so I am going to share it with you..Of all the phony downloads i tried this one works. it is microsoft certified and works and most systems..and fixes most problems with drivers but is specifically for error 2738..It is (microsoft fixit50181.msi)....It fixed it in seconds..hands down...oh and it is completely free..just download and it fixes it as it installs...happy browsing...peace out
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:17 AM
  • Well i do not know what you are all talking about. I use windows vista home premium and i keep getting vbscript error 2738. I ran both scenarios from the command prompt "regsvr32 vbscript.dll and regsvr32 jscript.dll". After i ran both i got successful attempts and when I did a reboot I tried to download and again i still got the vbscript error 2738. I have tried rebooting and not rebooting with the same results. I am at a loss. All the registry cleaners do not clear this error either, i found out the costly way trying to download three or four of them and none worked on this supposed registry error. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    stephen j dale
    Saturday, April 02, 2011 10:49 PM
  • This is the route to go down when NetSupport Manager 11 refuses to un-install.

Can't believe that this is still an issue in Windows after so long - but, problem solved on this occasion. Many thanks to micky1

Friday, September 30, 2011 3:02 PM
  • I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and I got stuck with the same problem. Two solutions provided earliar didn't help me. I found another solution of this problem. First - find all occurences of {B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8} as a key representing In-Proc COM server registration in a resistry. Next - delete these keys. If the system doesn't allow to delete them - press right mouse key on this key and choose Permissions. Next select "Advanced permissions" and then choose owner tab. Instead of "TrustedInstaller" specify your account. Click ok. Now you must be able to delete these keys. After you've deleted these keys and if regsv32 takes no effect to a problem you are trying to solve(like in my case), then download 5 *.reg files from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5i0lpvxesqr0e7h/6taomAT8B8?m . Right click on every on them twice from 1 to 5 in ascending order. This will add a proper vbscript component registration information to your registry. Everything must work after you have done with steps described above.

Best regards, Alex.

Sincerely yours, Alexander Chernyaev.

• Proposed as answer by SKisby2 Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:06 PM
    Saturday, December 01, 2012 7:46 PM
  • I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, and TRYING to uninstall Weatherbug's lame-ass!

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!  Everyone else's fixes DIDN'T WORK!!  (YES, THAT INCLUDES MICROSOFT'S FIX AS WELL - YOU GUYS SUCK--to Microsoft)
    But located the menioned registry entries, deleted them (all) and then ran the command from the command prompt and BOO-YAH!.. Weatherbug's irritating ass was REMOVED!  (THANK GOODNESS!)

Thanks again; glad SOMEONE out there had the RIGHT answer (ahem, Microsoft)...

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:19 PM
  • On my particular Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (Service Pack 2) system, after trying the following to repair a problem where the stock Calendar Gadget did not display and remained a solid orange color, Microsoft Fix it 50618 reported "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. The error code is 2738."

A reg file from Alex (Alexander Chernyaev) above appeared to repair both the error code 2738 and the Calendar Gadget.

Tried were:
    a) regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll, reboot, no change.
    b) Detaching and re-adding the gadget, no change.
    c) sfc /scannow, "corrupt files" were "successfully repaired", rebooted, no change.
    d) Microsoft Fix it 50618 (MicrosoftFixit50618.msi), unexpected error, error code is 2738.
    e) Microsoft Fix it 50181 (MicrosoftFixit50181.msi), "The Microsoft Fix it has been processed", rebooted, no change.
    f) Deleting registry key CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}, that CLSID key was not present.
    g) Running the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR.exe) then Microsoft Fix it 50842 (MicrosoftFixit50842.msi), "The Microsoft Fix it has been processed", rebooted, no change.

Examining the five reg files suggests that 1 and 3 are for a 32-bit system and accomplish the same thing, 2 and 4 are for a 64-bit system and accomplish the same thing, and 5 may also be needed for 64-bit systems.

In my case of a 32-bit system, I ran a Command Prompt as Administrator, I only executed "1.reg" which merged settings into the registry, then after a reboot both the gadget and (ironically) the Microsoft Fix it problems were solved.

I suspect that executing all five reg files on the same system would not cause any problems as merged settings not needed by the particular system are simply not used.

• Edited by SKisby2 Sunday, March 23, 2014 8:39 PM
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 7:08 PM