none
Management Server Grey

Question

• Hi All,

I'm using SCOM 2007 R2 CU4, now my Management Server grey. I've done this action:

1. Rename Health Service folder at RMS, restart service.
    2. reboot the server.
    3. double check action account (already reset the password) , before that, I've seen so many error with event id 1102

When I want to install Agent from Console, it said discovery failed. Succeed install manually, but when I check at SCOM Console, it said Not Monitored (Unknown).

I can generate report from my existing agent installed. But I didn't receive any SMTP alert :(

event ID at OpsMgr : 21042,31572,2110,26319,33333

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:59 AM

Answers

• Event ID 7020 is related to account issue, again it is a Management Server Action Account issue

So, try this:

- Logon with that account normal on your server! is it logon OK,
    - Then chnage the account password in the Run As account configuration | Action Accounts >> and try again restarting the System Center Management service
    - monitor the Operations Manager eventlog

Regards,

Mazen

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:18 AM

All replies

• 1- Did you configure your Management Server Action Account with an account its password expires??
    After changing the password, did you changed it in the Adiministration | Run As Account | Action Account >> Your Management Server Action account

2- Do you have available space on the OperationsManager database? >> check it on the database properties..

Regards,
    Mazen

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

1. There's 3 "run as account", 1 of it have account expired, can I remove it safely ?
    2. Yes, I have more than enough free space. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Krisna Ismayanto | My blogs: Krisna Ismayanto | Twitter: @ikrisna

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:30 AM
  • in the Action Accounts: is that the one used as Management Server Action Account?

If yes, please change its password to the new password your already have, and restart the SCOM Services..

Regards,
    Mazen

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Hi Mazen,

Like I said earlier, I have 3 action account, how to check whether they use for Management Server Action Account ?

I've already reset 1 account that already expired.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:36 AM
  • 2 ways:

1- Console >> Administration space >> Management Servers >> in the details you will find the Action Account used

2- Go to Run As Configuration >> Profiles >> Default Action Account >> Run As Accounts > find your Management Server and you will see which account it uses 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mazen

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

I'm still facing the grey problem :(

I've double check action account and its correct. any idea ?

Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:02 AM
  • 1- Do you see errors on the Operations Manager eventlog? samples please

2- Try to reload the configurations:

- Stop the RMS services (System Center Data Access, System Center Management, and System Center Management Configuration)

- Rename this configuration file (C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Connector Configuration Cache\<Management Group Name>\OpsMgrConnector.Config.xml)

- Start the services, and a new file will be created and reload all the configuraion,

- Monitor the Operations Manager eventlog for errors

And check this article from troubleshooting gray issues..

Troubleshooting gray agent states in System Center Operations Manager 2007 and System Center Essentials

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2288515

Regards,

Mazen

Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:55 AM
  • Hi,

I've got event ID critical 1102 many times, warning 7020.

I've tried your suggestion, still grey. Already read that KB before, but still no luck.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:05 AM
  • Event ID 7020 is related to account issue, again it is a Management Server Action Account issue

So, try this:

- Logon with that account normal on your server! is it logon OK,
    - Then chnage the account password in the Run As account configuration | Action Accounts >> and try again restarting the System Center Management service
    - monitor the Operations Manager eventlog

Regards,

Mazen

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:18 AM
  • Hi Mazen,

It's working now! :)

So I re-enter the password for action account which being used for MS and restart the service. But this is weird because like I said in the first post I've already done that :)

Anyway thanks for your input! 

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Great, it was a pleasure to help :)

Make sure you are using an account with "Password Never Expire"

Have a nice day..

Regards,

Mazen

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:29 AM
  • Roger that,

anyway, SCOM create alternate account like following picture.

is it OK ?

Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:32 AM