none
SCSM 2010 SP1 SendEmail mpb error

Question

• Hi All,

Having deployed the Exchange Connector successfully i am failing with the send email function, I have followed the instructions set by the deployment guide however everytime I try to send an email to a user via the incident form, I recieve an error:

Date: 25/01/2011 15:33:13
    Application: System Center Service Manager
    Application Version: 7.0.6555.0
    Severity: Error

System.ArgumentException: propertyName
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task, List`1 parameterList)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.ConsoleTaskHandler.DoTask(IList`1 navigationNodes, NavigationModelNodeTask task)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.WindowJobRecord.ExecuteBackgroundJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs eventargs)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

I would appriciate any help on this.

Many thanks

Amarpal

Amarpal Attwal IT Consultant | Venture 1 Consulting
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:38 PM

Answers

• if you go to library and then lists, open properties of message type, change the name you have configured in there and thats how mine started working, Hope that helps

• Marked as answer by Amarpal Attwal Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:12 AM

All replies

• Changed the name of the drop down menu and everything started to work.
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 10:34 AM
  • What did you exactly change? i have the same issue..
    • Marked as answer by Amarpal Attwal Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:09 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Amarpal Attwal Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Amarpal Attwal Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:10 AM
    Wednesday, February 02, 2011 3:57 PM
  • if you go to library and then lists, open properties of message type, change the name you have configured in there and thats how mine started working, Hope that helps

• Marked as answer by Amarpal Attwal Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

anybody out there with this problem, too? I changed like described of Amarpal but I get no success.

Thanks for any feedback.

Alex

Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:55 PM
  • Additional Info: try to send without "Message" Text work (just and only choosing a "Message type"). But this makes no sense, does it?

Alex

Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:00 PM
  • I had the same problem and after these series of checks and actions, now the error is gone:

1. Rechecked the process step by step.

1.1. saved the Incident Event Workflow item in the customized management pack.

1.2. In the "Select People to notify" section in the workflow, Make sure the affected user is added with the condition you specify and not just the first item in the combo box, and make sure you hit the add button (because I had forgot to add it).

2. Changed the SendEmail to CustomSendEmail as stated in http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/nl/systemcenterservicemanager/thread/01fcb0b0-220e-46ca-bb51-d656b614ca59 and re-import management pack.

3. After restarting the console, now I can see the yellow letter packet icon next to send mail item.

HTH

Yasser

YSobhdel
    Monday, September 05, 2011 8:03 AM