none
Not all standard software being reported in SCCM 2007 Clients inventory

Question

• Hello,

I have looked through the posts on this site a number of times but I can not find a post that directly addresses the issue I am facing. I wonder if you could point me in the right direction with regards to items missing from our software inventory.

I can only see 50 or so listings IE8 out of 500 clients when checking the software inventory. It is the standard version of IE that is part of the Windows 7 Enterprise edition. The majority of other installed software appears to be reported for clients.

At first I thought it might be problem with the clients only sending Delta HW reports or no reports at all but I checked the various logs and found acknowledgement of a full hardware report being listed in the dataldr.log on the site server.

I could not see any listing of this particular client from today in the mp_hinv.log but there were records of it from the end of last month. That entry does show the next line as "Date property year value is less than 1980 - 16010101000000.000000-000; year will be adjusted by MIF processing on site server" but there are very few clients with this same message in mp_hinv.log

All clients use the Japanese version of Windows 7 Enterprise SP1. We are using SCCM 2007 SP2 on Windows 2008 r2. It is not an issue with migration as the environment was setup with SCCM 2007 SP2 from the beginning.

Any suggestions/comments would be helpful.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Grant,

take some 3 Client and start checking with these 3 client only until you find the actual issue.

1. Open the resource explorer and check the Add or Remove and Add or Remove x64 to get the list of application or check the Installed software for both x86 and x64 application list.

2. use a script to initiate a full hardware inventory for those 3 computers and wait the dataldr to complete the processing.

3. once dataldr process the data, check if you are finding any difference in the resource explorer add or remove and add or remove x64 section.

4. if you felt, full hardware inventory is resolving your issue, then deploy the vbs to all clients so that all client will send the full hardware inventory and your problem will be resolved.

-
    ------------------------------------------
    Ur's -> SithaYuvaraj | SCCM Administrator
    -
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.
    -

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:27 AM

All replies

• What is the SCCM Client you installed ? and how?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Click on "vote as Helpful" if you feel this post helpful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Hi Grant,

take some 3 Client and start checking with these 3 client only until you find the actual issue.

1. Open the resource explorer and check the Add or Remove and Add or Remove x64 to get the list of application or check the Installed software for both x86 and x64 application list.

2. use a script to initiate a full hardware inventory for those 3 computers and wait the dataldr to complete the processing.

3. once dataldr process the data, check if you are finding any difference in the resource explorer add or remove and add or remove x64 section.

4. if you felt, full hardware inventory is resolving your issue, then deploy the vbs to all clients so that all client will send the full hardware inventory and your problem will be resolved.

-
    Ur's -> SithaYuvaraj | SCCM Administrator
    -
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties/guarantees and confers no rights.
    -

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:27 AM