none
Cant apply an image to a pc using sccm "Failed to run task sequence, There are no task sequences available for this computer"

Question

• 1.I created the Image with a capture cd I made with Sccm.
    2.I then placed the image in the "REMINST" folder and added it to the OS Images.
    3.Created a task sequence to "install an existing image" and selected the x86 boot image.
    4.I then created an advertisement for the task sequence available to boot media that is advertised to the Unknown computer collection.

The target machine is an old machine that we have had on the network/domain that i have reimaged to our base configuration using Ghost right befor trying this.  so i wonder if there is some reason the system wont be recognized as "Unknown" and put it in that collection?
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 3:03 PM

All replies

• If this old computer have previoulsy had a SCCM client it already exists in SCCM.
    If so you could try to clean out the old object or advertise the task sequence to the old object.

• Marked as answer by Brad_STLouis Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Brad_STLouis Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:13 PM
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 5:24 PM
  • yes it did have the sccm client previously so I will have to find the old object and remove it and try again... I'll update this thread with the results.  
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 7:01 PM
  • Yes this worked thanks!

• Marked as answer by Brad_STLouis Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Brad_STLouis Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:53 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 3:26 PM
  • As a workaround, What I am doing to reimage computers is the following:

I advertise the task sequence to the all workstations collection, but you need to make sure that you have the install image set to work ONLY on an OS that would not be in that collection, like a server OS.

This way, you will be able to re-image a workstation that already had the client without deleting it, and the task sequence will not pop up on all your user's workstations saying that it is available.

You'll still be able to install it from the boot CD because it has no idea what OS it is.

Wish Microsoft made a better way to do this...
    • Proposed as answer by chrisharlow Friday, September 11, 2009 8:52 PM
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:22 PM
  • I have recently had the same problem but couldn't find the computer listed in the "all systems" collection but when i ran "all systems" query i see it there but am not able to delete it???
    Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:13 PM