none
SCSM Exchange Connector not working

    Question

  • We have been using the SCSM Exchange Connector (v3 I believe) for the last few months without issue. I have just noticed that today it's not working.

    All I have found is the below in the error log...

    - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="Exchange Connector" /> 
      <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID> 
      <Level>4</Level> 
      <Task>0</Task> 
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-08-14T00:03:18.000000000Z" /> 
      <EventRecordID>329449</EventRecordID> 
      <Channel>Operations Manager</Channel> 
      <Computer>augrpsdm03.XXXXXXXXXXX</Computer> 
      <Security /> 
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data>Exchange Connector: Error while processing emails for email address 'XXX@XXX.COM'</Data> 
      </EventData>
      </Event>


    Regards, Taylor Nelson



    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:05 AM

Answers

  • I have just resolved this.

    Created the following key

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager Exchange Connector

    Created these string values
    Value: EnableEWSTracing 1
    Value: LoggingLevel 7

    This allowed me to see that the EC was having issues connecting via Exchange AutoDiscover.

    I then created another value in the above key:

    Value: ExchangeURL https://mail.server.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

    After adding the above Exchange URL, the issue was resolved.

    I hope this helps someone else out there :)


    Regards,

    Taylor Nelson



    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:52 AM

All replies

  • Taylor,

    Access the Inbox of your WF Account and check the email received from XXX@XXX.COM it may contains some invalid characters prevent the connector from proceeding the incident.

    hope this will help 


    Antoine AL Ibry

    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:22 AM
  • Hi

    Thanks for your help.

    I already cleared out the inbox several hours ago - it hasn't made a difference :(


    Regards,

    Taylor Nelson

    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:26 AM
  • I have just resolved this.

    Created the following key

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager Exchange Connector

    Created these string values
    Value: EnableEWSTracing 1
    Value: LoggingLevel 7

    This allowed me to see that the EC was having issues connecting via Exchange AutoDiscover.

    I then created another value in the above key:

    Value: ExchangeURL https://mail.server.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

    After adding the above Exchange URL, the issue was resolved.

    I hope this helps someone else out there :)


    Regards,

    Taylor Nelson



    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:52 AM