none
SMS_OUTBOX_MONITOR

Question

• Having issues with two of my distribution points in the "Component status" node. SMS_OUTBOX_MONITOR mentions that this failed on two of my distribution points. Can someone give me a run down of this component? Couldnt find any good docs that explain this, also if anyone has a good link which explains all components?

I suspect this is due to the fact that time zone was changed (oringially servers were setup on Canada timezone when I require New Zealand). I have restarted these distribution points and now this component is reporting a healthy state but would like to identify root cause, knowledge of what this component is / does would be great

Thanks

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:23 AM

Answers

• Having issues with two of my distribution points in the "Component status" node. SMS_OUTBOX_MONITOR mentions that this failed on two of my distribution points. Can someone give me a run down of this component? Couldnt find any good docs that explain this, also if anyone has a good link which explains all components?

I suspect this is due to the fact that time zone was changed (oringially servers were setup on Canada timezone when I require New Zealand). I have restarted these distribution points and now this component is reporting a healthy state but would like to identify root cause, knowledge of what this component is / does would be great

Thanks

Are the DP's hanging off Secondary Site servers? If so, and the timezone just changed (Daylight savings etc ...) it could be related. There is a hotfix for this issue, and I wrote some stuff up on it a while back here

http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/r0b/archive/2009/03/09/configmgr-inbox-and-outbox-components-showing-critical-this-morning.aspx

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Hello,

This might be because of the DST settings.Have you tampered with anything related to this ? And also,when we had this issue,i did Connect to ConfigMgr Service Manager and connected to the problem Site and “Stop SMS_Inbox_monitor and SMS_Outbox_monitor and Restart it.Of the few servers that we had this issues on,this method resolved the issue.

On the site,you can check inboxmon.log and outboxmon.log and that should provide you more clarity on this issue.

let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Arvind

Monday, June 11, 2012 10:02 AM

All replies

Thanks

Are the DP's hanging off Secondary Site servers? If so, and the timezone just changed (Daylight savings etc ...) it could be related. There is a hotfix for this issue, and I wrote some stuff up on it a while back here

http://wmug.co.uk/wmug/b/r0b/archive/2009/03/09/configmgr-inbox-and-outbox-components-showing-critical-this-morning.aspx

Monday, June 11, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Hello,

This might be because of the DST settings.Have you tampered with anything related to this ? And also,when we had this issue,i did Connect to ConfigMgr Service Manager and connected to the problem Site and “Stop SMS_Inbox_monitor and SMS_Outbox_monitor and Restart it.Of the few servers that we had this issues on,this method resolved the issue.

On the site,you can check inboxmon.log and outboxmon.log and that should provide you more clarity on this issue.

let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Arvind

Monday, June 11, 2012 10:02 AM