none
Email notifications not working

Question

• Hi,

Email notifications have stopped working on SCCM. Generally after I reboot they work again, this time doesn't matter what I do I cannot seem to get SCCM to send an email out.

I have tried disable then enabling the email notification channel, changed the SMTP server it's pointing to. Restarted all service manager services. Rebooted server.

Has anyone experienced similar problem?

Sunday, April 17, 2011 12:12 AM

Answers

• Sounds like this might be related to the exchange connector. The only email notifications that work are created events from the exchange connector processing the exchange mailbox. I'll let you know if I find anything that might help.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:08 PM

All replies

• It's SCCM or SCSM?

If it's SCSM:

Is there anything in the SCSM eventlog (Event Viewer -> Applications and Service Logs -> Operations Manager)?

Any information at your notification workflows in the Workflow Status in SCSM (Administration -> Workflows -> Status -> Mark a notification workflow and check the status at Needed attention and All instances)?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

Yes it's actually SCSM.

I have had a look in the event view and there is nothing that appears as a error.

No problems for the status of the workflow either.

This was working earlier and just stopped working.... ??? Is there anyway to reset the notification services or uninstall and reinstall / repair the software?

Thanks!

Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:17 PM
  • Might just add, the exchange connector is accepting email and coverting to a incidnet. The sending of email does not seem to work anymore.

I have tried pointing the notification channal at both the local IIS SMTP locally and to our exchange server, both don't send the end user a email message. Both were working previously.......

Sunday, April 17, 2011 8:20 PM
  • Sounds like this might be related to the exchange connector. The only email notifications that work are created events from the exchange connector processing the exchange mailbox. I'll let you know if I find anything that might help.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:08 PM
  • HI, I'm just wondering how you ever resolved this issue? We went live today and, up until last week we were using a test email account (scsmwkflw@domain.ie) that was creating Incidents correctly and sending out appropriate email notifications.

Since we moved to our live email address (helpdesk@domain.ie) SCSM is monitoring this mailbox correctly but is not creating email notifications.

There are no errors in any event logs. I updated the workflow account under

• Administration\Connectors\Exchange Connector
    • Administration\Channels\E-mail notification channel
    • Administration\Security\Run As Accounts\Workflow Account
    • Administration\Security\User Roles\Administrators
    • Administration\Security\User Roles\Workflows

Helpdesk@domain.ie is a member of the servers local admin group and has, up until now, been used by previous helpdesk software to log calls and create email notifications. I still have the other helpdesk software running side by side with SCSM for today as the only interaction they would have is monitoring the same mailbox which appears to be fine.

We are working off SCSM 2010. WS2008 R2 x64

There are no flags being raised on any of the SCSM servers or our Exch server. I have rebooted the SCSM servers today as well as restarted services after making any changes but to no avail. I have stopped and started the Exchange connector.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Caoimhin

Monday, December 17, 2012 5:50 PM