none
SCCM 2007 SP2 - package distribution issue to Secondary Site

Question

• Hello,

In our SCCM 2007 SP2 envoirnment there is a secondary site which has floowing logs in distmgr.log file.

Package xxxxxx requires a newer version (3) of source files and the new compressed files haven't arrived yet, current version is 2, skip D:\Apps\SCCM\inboxes\distmgr.box\INCOMING\SL1I35HW.PKG 
    Removing package xxxxxx from the active package array. 
    Processing incoming file D:\Apps\SCCM\inboxes\distmgr.box\INCOMING\P1RABWK8.PKG.
    Adding package xxxxxx to the active package array. 
    Package xxxxxx requires a newer version (3) of source files and the new compressed files haven't arrived yet, current version is 2, skip D:\Apps\SCCM\inboxes\distmgr.box\INCOMING\P1RABWK8.PKG 
    Removing package xxxxxx from the active package array. 
    Processing incoming file D:\Apps\SCCM\inboxes\distmgr.box\INCOMING\N4X1WDXB.PKG. 
    Adding package xxxxxx to the active package array.

This package has already been decompressed in SMSPKGD$ folder and i also see the pck file in SMSPKG folder and attributes for that pck file are similar to what it has on its parent. The package status on central site shows package as installed. Please note that package source version is 2.

Could somebody help me out to what this log means and if the package has been extracted and information is successfully forwarded uptill heirarchy,  why is it that it is in my log files processing everytime distribution manager is triggered.

Thanks

Monday, June 17, 2013 5:22 PM

Answers

• from logs it seems package latest version of it is 3 & secondary site is trying to acquire the same. you may try to remove & add package again on secondary site DP. for more information please check below logs:

distmgr.log

replmgr.log

scheduler.log

sender.log

Prashant Patil

• Marked as answer by zainulpatel Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:07 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 5:30 PM
  • Hello Prashant,

I moved some old .pkg files from distmgr.box\INCOMING folder to bad folder which were all for same package. (checked by opening it in notepad).

Monitored distmgr.log file  and received request for untargetting package and package was deleted...i have now retargetted package hopefully it should get targetted without any problems!!!!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:06 AM

All replies

• from logs it seems package latest version of it is 3 & secondary site is trying to acquire the same. you may try to remove & add package again on secondary site DP. for more information please check below logs:

distmgr.log

replmgr.log

scheduler.log

sender.log

Prashant Patil

Monday, June 17, 2013 5:30 PM
  • replmgr.log has some very old files.

did below steps

stopped sms services

moved old files from replmgr.box\incoming to temp folder

started sevrices again...replmgr.log processing normally

not sure if this was caused due to this old files but distmgr.log also is processing packages file normally.

will do untarget of package and retarget and will let you know...Thanks

Monday, June 17, 2013 6:16 PM
  • Hello Prashant,

I moved some old .pkg files from distmgr.box\INCOMING folder to bad folder which were all for same package. (checked by opening it in notepad).

Monitored distmgr.log file  and received request for untargetting package and package was deleted...i have now retargetted package hopefully it should get targetted without any problems!!!!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 10:06 AM