none
Migration from sccm 2007 R3 with SP2 to SCCM 2012 R2

Question

• Hi

In our Organization we have one Central Site and 36 Child Primary Site (SCCM 2007 SP2 R3)

Can i migrate to SCCM 2012 R2?

Please Guide me

Best Regards

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 4:40 AM

Answers

• Of course you can migrate to CM12. Microsoft surely wouldn't design a product that you can't migrate too. The real question is how should you migrate to CM12. For that one you won't find a simple answer in a forum. Not if you have 36 primary sites. Unless you have over 100k clients, and with 36 primary sites I suspect you may, then you will only need 1 site in CM12.

John Marcum | Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Client Management
    My blog: System Center Admin | Twitter: @SCCM_Marcum | Linkedin: John Marcum

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes you can no problem there, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682006.aspx

What you need to start with is to design the new ConfigMgr 2012 environment and after that plan the migration to it. It is hard to say this how you do it as 36 child primaries could be complex..

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:48 AM
  • Of course you can migrate to CM12. Microsoft surely wouldn't design a product that you can't migrate too. The real question is how should you migrate to CM12. For that one you won't find a simple answer in a forum. Not if you have 36 primary sites. Unless you have over 100k clients, and with 36 primary sites I suspect you may, then you will only need 1 site in CM12.

John Marcum | Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Client Management
    My blog: System Center Admin | Twitter: @SCCM_Marcum | Linkedin: John Marcum

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:56 PM