none
Just view Incidents on my Support Group

Question

• How can I create a view that show ALL INCIDENTS for a SUPPORT GROUP related with logged user?
    Thank you, Micheli Kosky Senior Application Maintenance & Support Analyst
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no good or easy way to do this; because of 1) The connection between an analyst and what support group they belong to is not stored in Service Manager 2) There is no token that will retrive this value even if it was stored on a user.

So how can you solve this?
    - Create a group in AD for each of your support group. Add each analyst in their corresponding group.
    - Create a view for each support group
    - Create a new User Role within Service Manager for each of your Support Groups. Then give the corresponding group permissions to just see their view.

Not perfect or ideal, but it works...

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no good or easy way to do this; because of 1) The connection between an analyst and what support group they belong to is not stored in Service Manager 2) There is no token that will retrive this value even if it was stored on a user.

- Create a group in AD for each of your support group. Add each analyst in their corresponding group.
    - Create a new User Role within Service Manager for each of your Support Groups. Then give the corresponding group permissions to just see their view.

Regards
    //Anders

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:06 PM
  • As far as I know it's not possible to get this done.

Support Groups are enumerations in SCSM. There is no corrosponding AD group for that. So the [mygroups] token would not work.

Only the fields like Assigned User/Affected User/Primary Owner can be used with the token [mygroups] to list all incidents with Assigned UserUser/Affected User/Primary Owner = Groups where the logged in user is member off.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Maybe I explained it bad, but lets say that you're part of the Tier 3 support group Andreas (on the paper).

So to solve this for the All Incidents (Tier 3), we would:

Create an AD group and add all members of the Tier 3 support group. We'll then go into Service Manager and create a view called All Incidents (Tier 3) with the corresponding criteria. Then we'll edit the user role(s) in which every analyst is member of to prevent them from seeing this view.

Next, we'll create a new User Role in which we'll define that they only can see this particular view. The member of this user role should be the Tier 3 AD group.

Now, beeing a member of the additional user role, you should also be able to see the view All Incidents (Tier 3).

Makes sense?

Regards
    //Anders

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Hi Anders,

my answer and your answer overlapped. I was to slow with typing so i missed you answered already ;-). Really sorry!

The solution Anders described works but there is one think to remember. Always if you add another support tier in the list/enumeration you have to make sure to do the 3 steps Anders descriped above. So maybe the solution is a little more complicated ;-) But it should work.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:37 PM
  • Ah, wasn't sure if you responded to my or the original post :P

Yeah, as I wrote: "Not perfect or ideal, but it works..."

Regards
    //Anders

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

Regards
    //Anders

Hi,

How create view which display all incidents assigned to support group or her members? what criteria it is necessary to specify ?

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 7:44 AM
  • What if I don't need it to pull the group of a logged in user, but just want to have a view for a particular Support Group that shows all Work Items for that Group?
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:37 PM
  • I have created both an SCSM group and an AD group (I wasn't sure which one it should be pulling when you use [mygroups]), but my view still only pulls mine, not my groups incidents. Can you use mygroups alone or do you need both tokens?
    Friday, May 17, 2013 1:30 PM