none
SCSM as a multitenant hosting service

Question

• HI,

Is there a possibility to utilize scsm as IaS and use SCSM to sell to different companies.

I want to achieve the following

1. SCSM is hosted in a datacenter where different companies can get their services

2. Each customer will have their own AD and they hav their own IT staff but their service manager is hosted with us which is shared for other companies as well.

3. Each customer will get their own SLA and their own console from SCSM their own Incident, problem change management

4. We can put SCSM in private cloud

5. Each customer has its own portal if a customer user log a request through portal it should go to their IT staff.

Thanks

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer. Salahuddin | Blogs:http://salahuddinkhatri.wordpress.com | MCITP Microsoft Lync

Thursday, March 08, 2012 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You shoulds find most answers in this blog post.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/12/22/does-service-manager-support-multitenancy-managed-service-providers.aspx

I hope that helps!

Patrik Sundqvist Solutions Architect @ Gridpro AB Blog: http://blogs.litware.se

Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:37 PM
  • I am also looking for about the same solution, but our customers all are in the same domain. I'm now trying to configure different user roles (for every client a different one) which has access to specific Catalog and Configuration Item Groups. This way there is some seperation possible I think. You can configure the different Groups based on domain of UPN. Also you can make different user roles who use the same Groups, but have more rights so the staff can only see and manage the configuration items and catalog items they have access to. But I don't have a working PoC yet, so I cannot confirm this.

The link Patrik posted is saying almost the same: "

1. Create queues of work items – figure out a way to subdivide incidents, change requests, problems, etc. by customer, but you need to do this in a way which does not expose the list of all the customers to the customers.  One suggestion would be to create queues based on the related Affected User’s domain property (note: this can only be done by creating queues over type projections which can only be done in XML not in the UI – I’ll post more info on this later).  Another way would be to extend the Service Manager model with a new Work Item class enumeration (aka “list”) property called Customer ID.  The values in this enumeration hierarchy should be non-identifiable such as a customer number instead of using the customers names.
    2. Create groups of configuration items – figure out a way to subdivide configuration items.  My suggestion here would be to create groups of computers by domain.  You could also create groups of specific CIs – for some classes of CIs like business services that might be more appropriate.  Again here you could add a  CI property here which uses the same enum hierarchy as above. Make sure you create groups of user objects too (users are CIs in the model)!  Otherwise customers will be able to see each others users.
    3. Create user roles for customer users – assign the queues and groups created above and assign customer users.
    4. Create user roles for the managed service provider users which have global scope of work items and configuration items and assign users from the managed service provider company.
    5. ..."

Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:52 PM