none
DDTK-E / DDTK-H / SSP v2.0 ???

Question

• Hi,

just a general question: What's thedifferece between the dynamic datacenter toolkit for enterprise, the dnamic datacenter toolkit for hoster and SSP v.2.0. I can't find much information on this. I saw a presentation about DDTK-E but then it turned out that the presentation was about 1 1/2 years old. It seems that the DDTK is the successor for the SSP v.2. Also I heard that the DDTK-E is an extensible solution and the DDTK-H not.

Can someone quickly explain this and send provide me links with information?

Thanks,

Gunter

Thursday, December 02, 2010 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The name has changed and this is what i have gathered when attend DDC training , Nov 2010. here is the changes.

SSP 2.0 is for Private Cloud. SSP is integrate with VMM, Hyper V, Storage, Load Balancer and Network to provide a services to customer within an organization.

Meanwhile, Dynamic Data center (DDC) is for hoster and it is not using SSP. It has a portal which integrate with Hyper V and system center product together.

laiys
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The name has changed and this is what i have gathered when attend DDC training , Nov 2010. here is the changes.

SSP 2.0 is for Private Cloud. SSP is integrate with VMM, Hyper V, Storage, Load Balancer and Network to provide a services to customer within an organization.

Meanwhile, Dynamic Data center (DDC) is for hoster and it is not using SSP. It has a portal which integrate with Hyper V and system center product together.

laiys
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:25 AM
  • ssp only leverages vmm

-h is for hosters and made to be multitenant and multicustomer, utlizing the full system center stack

-e is for enterprises and is now called DCS, basically a deployment of -h but for a single customer and is implemented by MCS

MS TSP
    Friday, March 18, 2011 12:45 PM
  • what is the current version of DDTK
    Monday, July 30, 2012 9:12 AM
  • I think 3 is the latest one and there is some beta 3.1 codes 

Mohamed Fawzi | http://fawzi.wordpress.com

Monday, July 30, 2012 10:51 AM