none
Add/Remove/Rename Support Groups?

Question

• I'm looking at SCSM 2010 SP1 right now as a possible solution for my company. One of the things I'd like to change is the support group names. Is it possible to rename Tier 1,2,3 to something else and/or add new groups? I can't find any option in the console to do this and searching the net hasn't given me any information. Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:21 PM

Answers

• In the SCSM Console -> Library -> Lists -> Incident Tier Queue
    Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group
    • Marked as answer by FusionX86 Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:48 PM

All replies

• In the SCSM Console -> Library -> Lists -> Incident Tier Queue
    • Marked as answer by FusionX86 Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:48 PM
  • Thank you! I'm new to SCSM and somehow missed this.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 6:48 PM
  • How to add members to the support group Tier 1 , 2 and Tier 3 and i am not able to understand how the Escalate or Transfer just by changing support group list item. I am new SCSM. Kindly some one show some light. Thanks in advance
    Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:20 AM
  • How to add members to the support group Tier 1 , 2 and Tier 3 and i am not able to understand how the Escalate or Transfer just by changing support group list item. I am new SCSM. Kindly some one show some light. Thanks in advance

As far as I am concerned, the Support Group Tier is use for filtering in e-mail notification or incident workflow, you cannot add members to the support group tier.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:03 AM
  • As Wyatt already wrote: You can't add users to the SCSM support groups. Additionally to filtering incidents for notification or workflows the SCSM support groups can be used to route the incidents between your IT teams like "1st level support", "Server Admin Group" or something similar.

AD groups (no relationship to the SCSM groups) can be used to assign incidents or better work items at all. Also the AD groups can be used to control the permissions in SCSM. For this the AD groups and the SCSM user roles are working together (AD groups = "who" and SCSM user roles "permissions in SCSM).

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:23 AM
  • Is it possible to remove support groups from Incident Tier Group? I'm using SCSM 2010 SP1

Cathy Plummer

Monday, April 30, 2012 1:06 PM
  • Is it possible to remove support groups from the Incident Tier Queue? I'm usinf SCSM 2010 SP1.

Cathy Plummer

Monday, April 30, 2012 1:12 PM
  • Hi Cathy,

Yes, it is possible to remove items from the Incident Tier Queue list - but you have to make sure that the item that you want to remove isn't used somewhere in SCSM first. Incidents, incident templates, views etc.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 7:27 PM