none
Checking hotfix installation

Question

• Hi

We just installed hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2536089. We did this to resolve issues with collecting SQL server licensing information, so that we can see what version of SQL server is installed (Express, Standard, Developer, Enterprise, MSDE, etc).

Anyway, after installing ti on the site server I advertised the program that is created to one server that has SQL server installed. It ran successfully and did not reboot. But I still cannot see what type of SQL server is installed.

I rebooted the server but I still cannot see any new information, I also manually ran a software and hardware inventory cycle and checked the log to see when it completed. After completion I still cannot see any new information.

So where does the hotfix display this information?

Also, I cannot see that the hotfix is installed on the SQL server. I checked Add/remove, nothing there I checked instlled updates but nothing there either. Where can I see that the hotfix is installed?

Friday, December 02, 2011 1:10 PM

Answers

• To see if the client-side hotfix was applied to the SQL server you can review the logs as Don suggested. You could also check the file version of AssetAdvisor.dll (compare to what is listed in the KB), or you could check the client version. I believe the client version (via control panel applet) in this case should be 4.00.6487.2187. If you are having issues with Asset Intelligence reporting please add a post in the AI forum

Friday, December 09, 2011 9:44 PM

All replies

• You can check for the hotfix presence in the ConfigMgr client UI (Control Panel applet), it should reflect there.
    Also, you could check for an MSI logfile to see if the AC hotfix MSP was applied.
    Don
    Friday, December 02, 2011 11:51 PM
  • To see if the client-side hotfix was applied to the SQL server you can review the logs as Don suggested. You could also check the file version of AssetAdvisor.dll (compare to what is listed in the KB), or you could check the client version. I believe the client version (via control panel applet) in this case should be 4.00.6487.2187. If you are having issues with Asset Intelligence reporting please add a post in the AI forum

Friday, December 09, 2011 9:44 PM