none
SCSM 2012 multi-tenant architecture

Respuestas

• Hi Jan,

the blog post from Travis is still valid. SCSM isn't designed specifically for multi-tenancy but it could work, depending on your requirements. Service offerings can be "scoped" the same way using roles as many other things and you should be able to control which offerings to show to your users depending on the role membership. Other than that, there's nothing new in SCSM 2012 regarding multi-tenancy.

cheers,
    Stefan 

http://www.code4ward.net

• Marcado como respuesta Jan Matejka jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 16:42
    jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 7:29

Todas las respuestas

• Hi Jan,

the blog post from Travis is still valid. SCSM isn't designed specifically for multi-tenancy but it could work, depending on your requirements. Service offerings can be "scoped" the same way using roles as many other things and you should be able to control which offerings to show to your users depending on the role membership. Other than that, there's nothing new in SCSM 2012 regarding multi-tenancy.

cheers,
    Stefan 

http://www.code4ward.net

• Marcado como respuesta Jan Matejka jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 16:42
    jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 7:29
  • I am open to correction,

However, I do not believe that this has changed too very much.

I believe it can be tweaked to a degree, however true multi-tenancy is a no.

Again, I am open to correction.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 7:32
  • I agree with Stefan Koell. There hasn't been changed much regarding the concept of multi-tenant environment. I am using the powerpoint slidedeck at the moment to give a few of these scenarios a try. The suggested solutions in that slidedeck are very helpfull.
    jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 7:41
  • OK, thak you very much for all answers.

Using scopes should by sufficient. I would be happy for all experience how you solve this:-)

Jan

Jan Matejka

• Editado Jan Matejka jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 16:43
    jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 16:42
  • I am presently impementing something like this idea useing Self Service rolls

everything works as you would expect it.

basicly i just create a new roll.

assing AD users (or groups) to it

grant them limmited capabilities

the self service site lets them access any group there part of and the resorces assinged to it.

only issue i am haveing is

I can not see what resorces are assinged to each tenant group i have created.

this is probly becouse i created the groups AFTER i created the VM's were useing.

so in reality I (the administrator) am sharing my systems with my Tenants.

it would be nice if i could see not only what was created in the tenat group but what was shared with the tenant from the root or other tenants...  if there is a way to do this i would like to know.

thanks!!

lunes, 13 de mayo de 2013 18:53