none
connect to the virtual machine failed?

Pregunta

• Dear all!

i use ssp2.0 portal and connect VM get error:

"connect to the virtual machine failed because of a socket connection error. Check the firewall and network settings, and then try to connect again"

i use win7 & install ActiveX

miércoles, 15 de junio de 2011 7:23

Respuestas

• Hi,

Are you able to connect to virtual Machine from other Client Machines?

1. Virtual Machine Manager Self-Serivice Portal 2.0 Service account must be administrator on the host on which virtual Machine is provisioned.

2. Ensure that correct version of the Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Client is installed on the client machine.  If you have older client, please uninstall and try connect operation again.

3. See if there is any error message in the Service log file.

4. If you switch from a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer® to a 64-bit version and vice versa, then connect VM will not be successfull. To fix the issue, on the client computer, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to uninstall the ActiveX control (Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Client) and then try connecting to the virtual machine again

5. The user who is attempting to connect to the virtual machine is logged on to the self-service portal using an account other than the account they used to log on to Windows.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

lunes, 23 de enero de 2012 15:55
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Please login to to windows using the same account that you are going to login to the portal. Also by default port 2179 is used to connect. Please check that this port is open?

Thanks,

Santosh..

viernes, 17 de junio de 2011 23:34
    Moderador
  • thanks Santosh!

i go into SCVMM console==>Hosts==>chose my host double-click==>Click the Remote tab==>default port 2179

How to check port 2179 open in my SCVMM Server?

my ssp portal and SCVMM in the same host

thanks

domingo, 19 de junio de 2011 7:33
  • Hi,

Do you see any  errors in vmmsspservice.log? Can you please share the logs to sspfeedback@microsoft.com?

Thanks,

Santosh..

jueves, 23 de junio de 2011 19:32
    Moderador
  • Hi,

Are you able to connect to virtual Machine from other Client Machines?

1. Virtual Machine Manager Self-Serivice Portal 2.0 Service account must be administrator on the host on which virtual Machine is provisioned.

2. Ensure that correct version of the Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Client is installed on the client machine.  If you have older client, please uninstall and try connect operation again.

3. See if there is any error message in the Service log file.

4. If you switch from a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer® to a 64-bit version and vice versa, then connect VM will not be successfull. To fix the issue, on the client computer, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to uninstall the ActiveX control (Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Client) and then try connecting to the virtual machine again

5. The user who is attempting to connect to the virtual machine is logged on to the self-service portal using an account other than the account they used to log on to Windows.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

lunes, 23 de enero de 2012 15:55
    Moderador