none
the server name or address could not be resolved updating Patch jobs

    Pregunta

  • I have setup Software Update patch jobs and have been asked to allow the Service desk to update them each month

    Have granted their security group full access to the Deployment and Deployment packages nodes of the console (other than Administer). When they run through the wizard to Update list and Update Deployment Package the wizard runs through and comes up with warning message at the end "the server name or address could not be resolved". The Update list appears to be updated, but the software Updates in tthe deployment package have NOT even though the updates have been downloaded correctly to the package source directory. There is no problem from my own account which has full permissions to all nodes of the console so it has to be a console permissions issue I would have thought

    I even tried giving them full rights to the package node just as a test but that makes no difference

    Anyone seen this before ?

    Thanks


    Ian Burnell, London (UK)
    miércoles, 16 de febrero de 2011 10:26

Respuestas

  • Managed to fix this. Had to increase Configuration Items permissions for this group and also Proxy issue for these users
    Ian Burnell, London (UK)
    • Marcado como respuesta Ian Burnell viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 13:19
    viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 13:19

Todas las respuestas

  • Hi Ian,

    Do they also have Read permissions on the Site object?


    Kent Agerlund | My blogs: http://blog.coretech.dk/author/kea/ and http://scug.dk/ | Twitter @Agerlund | Linkedin: /kentagerlund
    miércoles, 16 de febrero de 2011 11:58
  • Yes they do - I found that you can't look at status messages without read access to Site.

    It should be a typical set of permissions for a service desk i.e. Read to most nodes, ability to drop PCs into collection, but I've increased deployment and deployment package to everything (apart from administer) so they can create/update patch jobs


    Ian Burnell, London (UK)
    miércoles, 16 de febrero de 2011 13:15
  • Managed to fix this. Had to increase Configuration Items permissions for this group and also Proxy issue for these users
    Ian Burnell, London (UK)
    • Marcado como respuesta Ian Burnell viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 13:19
    viernes, 18 de febrero de 2011 13:19