none
SCE eval fails to install

Pregunta

• I'm trying to install the trial of SCE 2007 on a server with Windows Server 2003 R2, Standard x64 Edition, SP2 installed.  The latest patches have been installed using Windows Update.  SQLExpress 2005 is also installed on the system.

The installation failure occurs during the Prerequisite Details.  The message is "Microsoft.interop.security.azroles.dll is not registered in the global assembly cache."  There is an option to download and install the hotfix from a displayed link. 

I've downloaded the file, but when I run it I get the message "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying.  There is no need to install this update."  My only option is to click the OK button.

Does anyone have any ideas what needs to be done to get past this point so that I can actually get the software installed to test it?

Thanks.

lunes, 27 de agosto de 2007 21:17

Respuestas

•  

The patch applies to W2K3 sp1.  Unfortunately, after upgradeing W2K3 to SP2 you can lose registration of the microsoft.interop.security.azroles.dll file.  From the same KB regarding Sp2:

To resolve this problem in Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, re-register the primary interoperability assembly in the global assembly cache.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd , and then click OK.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after you type each command.
    cd %windir%\Microsoft.NET\AuthMan\1.2
    azrlreg register Microsoft.interop.security.azroles.dll

lunes, 27 de agosto de 2007 23:56

Todas las respuestas

•  

The patch applies to W2K3 sp1.  Unfortunately, after upgradeing W2K3 to SP2 you can lose registration of the microsoft.interop.security.azroles.dll file.  From the same KB regarding Sp2:

To resolve this problem in Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, re-register the primary interoperability assembly in the global assembly cache.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd , and then click OK.
    2. At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after you type each command.
    cd %windir%\Microsoft.NET\AuthMan\1.2
    azrlreg register Microsoft.interop.security.azroles.dll

lunes, 27 de agosto de 2007 23:56
  • Thanks.

martes, 28 de agosto de 2007 14:55