none
SCSM2012 - List Items

Question

• Hello, we are just now configuring SCSM 2012. I need to add and modify the items in Incident Classification, Knowledge Article Category, and Service Classification but am unable to do so.  The changes save until I exit SCSM.  When I re-open SCSM, the changes are gone.  From what I have read in this forum, these Lists should have been setup before we created views, templates.  Is this true?  Is there anyway to modify the Lists now?  Does this mean that after we go live, these Lists can never be changed?  Is there anything else we need to configure before we create views, templates? 

Thanks,

Kathy

vendredi 8 juin 2012 15:04

Toutes les réponses

• The list can be changed after the fact.

Can you please look at the operations manager event log, this is where SCSM log s everything and check for any errors.

Can you try to open the console on the server and see if the updates are there.

As long as you learn something new every day, the day is not wasted.

vendredi 8 juin 2012 15:24
  • Hello Kathy,

You can change it from scsm -2012 console.

Open the console then click on List then check the entry to related data. after that you modify as per your thing.

hope you will get the clue.

--

Mohammad Shahnawaz

Expit - Kuwait

scsm 2012 answer

lundi 11 juin 2012 08:09
  • You wont be able to select the list item you created in a template or in a view if you havent created it yet. So the last part of your question is inherent: You need to create the custom list types before you create your templates and views. In terms of them not saving, thats a new one to me. You should be able to modify  them under the Library wunderbar and then save them. There are some lists that cant be modified and are hard coded. Ones like "Change Status", for example. If they are greyed out, you cant modify them or add (i.e. extend) them.

lundi 11 juin 2012 15:06
  • I appreciate the responses, but the problem we are having is that we cannot add or modify items in an existing List (i.e., Incident Source).  We are Admins in SCSM.  Any other suggestions?
    lundi 11 juin 2012 20:30
  • check you SQL permissions?

Joshua Fuente

mardi 4 décembre 2012 18:44