none
SQL Template

שאלה

• Dears,

I have created A Standalone 2008 R2 Sysprep SQL Instance with Instance ID: MSSQLSERVER, and I did Sysprep for the OS, then I moved them to MSSCVMMLibrary server in VHD Directory

I went to VMM 2012, and I have created the following:

• SQL Server Profile, with providing the following information:
    • SQL Server Deployment: Name: Deployment 1
    • SQL Server Deployment: Instance Name: MSSQLSERVER
    • SQL Server Deployment: Instance ID: MSSQLSERVER
    • SQL Server Deployment:Installatin run as account: Domain\sqladmin
    • Configuration: Media Source: Provide the Path of the Media located on Hyper-V Server
    • SQL Server administrator: I added the needed
    • Security Mode: Windows
    • Service Account: I only have 1 service account sqlsrv
    • Hardware Profile Compatible with Cloud, 2 Processor, NIC assosiated with Hyper-V VIrtual Switch (Successed after Provigening)
    • Gust OS Profile: I provide, the Name, Join to domain (Successed after Provigening)
    • Capability profile: (Successed after Provigening)
    • Here I had Run: Create VM Template Wizard:
    • Select Source: I select the VHD FIle which I Sysprep it as I mentioned in the top of the post, but I got the following MSG:

---------------------------
    Create Virtual Machine Wizard
    This template specifies options that are not available through standalone VM deployment. To deploy a VM that uses these options, create a single-tier service instead. If you continue, these options will be ignored:

Windows Server roles and features

SQL Server deployment

OK  

• Configure Hardware "as mentioned above", Configure OS "mentioned above", Configure Application "I provide nothing", Configure SQL Server "mentioned above"
    • Create VM: I Proivde the same profile mentioned above, + Deploy VM in private cloud

The Result:

VM Was provissioned with Correct Hardware Settings, and Correct OS Configuration, BUT SQL instance did not get configured atol.!!

My questions:

1. What is the reason that SQL Instance did not get configured? (The process seems like the Create VM Wizard did not work on SQL Section.
    2. The MSG: This template specifies options that are not available through standalone VM deployment. What Does it means? and for which Part of template do this message refer?

Thanks

יום שני 30 אפריל 2012 05:49

תשובות

כל התגובות