none
Service Manager Self-Service Portal installation failed with : error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateMOMRegKey

Domanda

• Hello, I have for now following Service Manager RC landscape:

Service manager management server with Service Manager database on it

Service Manager data warehouse server

I am trying to install Self-Service Portal on third server .

My setup is failing with this error:  An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateMOMRegKey.4F63A3C7_CEC3_4397_9A35_DFB0B17966E5

I have firewall off on all servers , installation account is local admin on all servers, member of Service Manager administrators group, member of  sysadmin role in SQL 2008…

From my installation  log file I would say that problem is this line  :

07:37:30:[GetManagementGroupPropertiesFromDB]:  Found Primary SDK server:  .

There should  instead of . be  Service Manager management server name  but I can not find table in Service Manager database from which setup is getting Primary SDK server parameter. I can read Management Group Information from __MOMManagementGroupInfo__ table but this parameter is not in that table.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Dubravko

martedì 23 marzo 2010 16:28

Risposte

• It seems like you have a AD connector which updated the value of the RMS's (computer where SM is installed) NetworkName property while it synced.

1. Go to SM database.

2. Check if the NetworkName property of the computer where SM is installed in table MTV_Computer is set to its FQDN. If not then update

it to its FQDN. (Disclaimer: Since this workaround touches the database please do so at your own risk.)  

3. Try installing the portal after this.

We have a bug for this which was filled recently.

Paresh
    mercoledì 24 marzo 2010 07:06
    Postatore

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

Can you login to the machine as the Data Access Service Account and then install the Portal?

Rekha

martedì 23 marzo 2010 19:29
  • Hello, when I run Portal installation with Data Access Service Account  I have the same error: An error occurred while executing a custom action:_CreateMOMRegKey.4F63A3C7_CEC3_4397_9A35_DFB0B17966E5.

Thanks, Dubravko.

martedì 23 marzo 2010 20:42
  • It seems like you have a AD connector which updated the value of the RMS's (computer where SM is installed) NetworkName property while it synced.

1. Go to SM database.

2. Check if the NetworkName property of the computer where SM is installed in table MTV_Computer is set to its FQDN. If not then update

it to its FQDN. (Disclaimer: Since this workaround touches the database please do so at your own risk.)  

3. Try installing the portal after this.

We have a bug for this which was filled recently.

Paresh
    mercoledì 24 marzo 2010 07:06
    Postatore
  • That is solution!

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Dubravko.

mercoledì 24 marzo 2010 20:28
  • Hi, I am facing same problem, only on scsm sp1. I've tried solution listed below, but SM server name in the table is FQDN. What else could cause this problem? AD connector is not set yet.
    giovedì 21 luglio 2011 13:14
  • I am also seeing this error.
    We observed the SMPortal wasn't functional, so we tried reinstalling the portal.  When we did we got this error and the *Entire* SCSM suite was removed from our management server when it rolled back the failed installation.

Now we can't install any component of SCSM 2012 RC and we are getting this error.

in the table MT_Computer the NetworkName is the FQDN of the server already.

What else could be causing this?

Ben Pahl

mercoledì 14 marzo 2012 20:00
  • we had to do a complete reinstallation with a new DB to resolve this problem.

Ben Pahl

mercoledì 28 marzo 2012 16:58
  • HI Paresh, 

Isn't there a formal list of solutions/ steps that we need to try to fix  _CreateMOMRegKey  issue.

there are plenty of users facing the same issue with no proper solution.

I'm facing the same issue (under my thread - Service MAnager Portal _CreateMOMRegKey).. again when reinstalling SMportal.

Have removed registry entry Microsoft Operations Manager, restarted data access service before installing the SMportal, User installing SMportal is a SM admin aswell. Recreated the Self signed certificate.

Now, when checking the FQDN in the SMDB, this entry itself is missing (however I'm sure, this was listed, when installing the SM Portal firs time, as I had checked this earlier, from the steps mentioned from your post.)

Can you please suggest, what's next to try ( rather test)? Thanks.

venerdì 24 maggio 2013 07:40