none
Resource Explorer add remove program attribute

Domanda

• I just want to ask, i noticed that under Resource Explorer, under Hardware, why are there two Add/Remove Programs and Add/Remove Programs (64)? Does Add/Remove Programs (64) refer to programs/applications that is installed in a 64 bit machine?
    • Modificato Efa77 giovedì 14 giugno 2012 10:05
    giovedì 14 giugno 2012 10:03

Risposte

• I just want to ask, i noticed that under Resource Explorer, under Hardware, why are there two Add/Remove Programs and Add/Remove Programs (64)? Does Add/Remove Programs (64) refer to programs/applications that is installed in a 64 bit machine?

Yep that is correct, since there are two ARP's, 32bit and 64bit.

giovedì 14 giugno 2012 10:43
    Moderatore
  • Could of things here.

1. You can have two queries attached to one collection. It is nice to do this as it makes your queries simple.
    2. SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.SystemRole = "Server" to find only server.
    3. To make it one big WQL query, try this:
    select 
    	SMS_R_System.* 
    from  
    	SMS_R_System 
    	inner  join SMS_G_System_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId 
    	inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId 
    where 
    	SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.SystemRole = "Server" 
    	and (SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft SQL Server 2005" 
    	or SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft SQL Server 2005")

http://www.enhansoft.com/

venerdì 15 giugno 2012 12:07

Tutte le risposte

Yep that is correct, since there are two ARP's, 32bit and 64bit.

giovedì 14 giugno 2012 10:43
    Moderatore
  • Thanks. But I still noticed that some of the programs that I am trying to search using collection is under Add/Remove Programs and not Add/Remove Programs (64 bit), eventhough that the server is a 64 bit. Ok, let me explain the scenario:

I am now trying to find out the number of SQL Server 2005 application that is installed in any of the servers in my environment. As i am not good at all in SQL statement, so the way that i search is that i am doing it through a collection by creating a query using the criteria. Below is my criteria:

Add/Remove Programs.Display Name is like "Microsoft SQL Server 2005"
    and
    (
     System Resource. Operating System Name and Version is like "%Server 5.%"
     or
     System Resource. Operating System Name and Version is like "%Server 6.%"
     or
     System Enclosure.Chasis Types is equal to "17"
    )

But if using the above criteria, i can see that there are still some server is missing from the result generated. Then i manually search by right clicking on the machine and select resource explorer. Then i am able to see that the application is under Add/Remove Programs (64 bit). Therefore, i am assuming that maybe during installation of the SQL Server 2005 application in the first place, i selected to install the application as a 64 bit... (correct me if im wrong). So thats why it is under the Add/Remove Programs (64 bit)

If i want to include in 1 query, I know that inside the criteria i need to insert the Add/Remove Program 64 bit as well, as below, but when i refresh the collection, it will display nothing. Furthermore, i found it quite hard to do a query to search for servers only because of the chasis type. I need to also include chasis type in the criteria because i know that the SQL server application can also be installed in a normal laptop or desktop. So my result will not be accurate. I have viewed the chasis type description and nothing that i can find that gives a direct description that the chasis type number is for "Servers". So i think my best option is to select chasis type 17, which is the Main System Chasis (correct me if im wrong, or maybe i need to include more chasis type number). I think that maybe my criteria need some restructuring in order to display the correct results..... Need help... :)

and
    Add/Remove Programs (64).Display Name is like "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (64 bit)"

One more thing, i was thinking, which chasis type i should choose if it is a Virtual Servers that has SQL Server apps installed?

• Modificato Efa77 venerdì 15 giugno 2012 08:15
    venerdì 15 giugno 2012 07:53
  • Thanks. But I still noticed that some of the programs that I am trying to search using collection is under Add/Remove Programs and not Add/Remove Programs (64 bit), eventhough that the server is a 64 bit. Ok, let me explain the scenario:

I am now trying to find out the number of SQL Server 2005 application that is installed in any of the servers in my environment. As i am not good at all in SQL statement, so the way that i search is that i am doing it through a collection by creating a query using the criteria. Below is my criteria:

and
    (
     System Resource. Operating System Name and Version is like "%Server 5.%"
     or
     System Resource. Operating System Name and Version is like "%Server 6.%"
     or
     System Enclosure.Chasis Types is equal to "17"
    )

But if using the above criteria, i can see that there are still some server is missing from the result generated. Then i manually search by right clicking on the machine and select resource explorer. Then i am able to see that the application is under Add/Remove Programs (64 bit). Therefore, i am assuming that maybe during installation of the SQL Server 2005 application in the first place, i selected to install the application as a 64 bit... (correct me if im wrong). So thats why it is under the Add/Remove Programs (64 bit)

If i want to include in 1 query, I know that inside the criteria i need to insert the Add/Remove Program 64 bit as well, as below, but when i refresh the collection, it will display nothing. Furthermore, i found it quite hard to do a query to search for servers only because of the chasis type. I need to also include chasis type in the criteria because i know that the SQL server application can also be installed in a normal laptop or desktop. So my result will not be accurate. I have viewed the chasis type description and nothing that i can find that gives a direct description that the chasis type number is for "Servers". So i think my best option is to select chasis type 17, which is the Main System Chasis (correct me if im wrong, or maybe i need to include more chasis type number). I think that maybe my criteria need some restructuring in order to display the correct results..... Need help... :)

and
    Add/Remove Programs (64).Display Name is like "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (64 bit)"

One more thing, i was thinking, which chasis type i should choose if it is a Virtual Servers that has SQL Server apps installed?

Is the application 32 or 64 bit? The split on X64 and X86 is not for the chassis but the applications, and is only relevant as you guessed if you have a 64-bit OS.
    venerdì 15 giugno 2012 08:22
    Moderatore
  • So as you say, the split on Add/Remove Programs and Add/Remove Programs (64 bit) is based on the applications, whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit application right... and not on the server OS... I hope i understand it correctly. Thanks for the clarifications.

But do you know how i can include it into one criteria, to search for the Add/Remove Programs and Add/Remove Programs (64 bit)? The workaround for me is just by creating 2 separate collection. One is to search SQL Server 2005 32 bit application and another is to search SQL Server 2005 64 bit application, but if i can just do it into 1 criteria, that would be easier...

The reason why i include chasis type is because i want to search servers only and i dont want to include laptop/desktop that also have SQL Server 2005 application installed.

venerdì 15 giugno 2012 09:59
  • Could of things here.

1. You can have two queries attached to one collection. It is nice to do this as it makes your queries simple.
    2. SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.SystemRole = "Server" to find only server.
    3. To make it one big WQL query, try this:
    select 
    	SMS_R_System.* 
    from  
    	SMS_R_System 
    	inner  join SMS_G_System_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId 
    	inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId 
    where 
    	SMS_G_System_SYSTEM.SystemRole = "Server" 
    	and (SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft SQL Server 2005" 
    	or SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft SQL Server 2005")

venerdì 15 giugno 2012 12:07
  • Ok, thanks very much. So i can use the system role instead of chasis type to differentiate between a server and a workstation.
    sabato 16 giugno 2012 07:52
  • Sorry Jones, but i noticed that if i use the SystemRole attribute to search for the servers, it didnt include the non agent servers. Looks like i still need to use the SystemResource.Operating System Name and Version = "%Server 5.%" which will return result for Window Server 2000 and Window Server 2003 servers, which will also include non agent servers....
    domenica 17 giugno 2012 09:55
  • But if they don't have the client installed, you will not know that they have SQL installed or not. So...

domenica 17 giugno 2012 13:07
  • Your correct... :) Didnt think of that. Ok, thanks.

martedì 19 giugno 2012 13:46