none
schema?

Domanda

• hello,

i have extended schema for sccm deploy two years ago.

Now that SCCM doesnt exist.

But i have to deploy it again. The server will have another name,a nother MAC address, 

i have to extend schema again?

thanks

lunedì 11 giugno 2012 13:15

Risposte

• No, if it's the same Active Directory domain you had 2 years ago, those AD Schema extensions are still there.

Before you install the next one (with a different name, AND a different Site Code -- I highly recommend that).  Go into AD Users and Computers, enabled advanced settings (if you don't have it enabled) and under System Management node, make sure that none of your old hierarchy is there anymore.  (just delete any records of old servers if they exist).  Also, make sure you grant the computer account of the new server to that node in AD--so that your new server has rights to make the entries it needs into that Active Directory, System Management node.

OT Suggestion... this is the ConfigMgr 2007 forum.  If you are starting over, I suggest you start over with ConfigMgr 12.  I personally think it would be a long-term poor choice to install CM07; and THEN have to plan a migration to CM12.

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

• Contrassegnato come risposta exitista lunedì 11 giugno 2012 13:52
    lunedì 11 giugno 2012 13:30
  • hi,

No you will not have to extend the schema again, Make sure that there are now old objects published in the AD under System\System Management from the old site server, if so remove them.

Regards.
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

lunedì 11 giugno 2012 13:31

Tutte le risposte

• No, if it's the same Active Directory domain you had 2 years ago, those AD Schema extensions are still there.

Before you install the next one (with a different name, AND a different Site Code -- I highly recommend that).  Go into AD Users and Computers, enabled advanced settings (if you don't have it enabled) and under System Management node, make sure that none of your old hierarchy is there anymore.  (just delete any records of old servers if they exist).  Also, make sure you grant the computer account of the new server to that node in AD--so that your new server has rights to make the entries it needs into that Active Directory, System Management node.

OT Suggestion... this is the ConfigMgr 2007 forum.  If you are starting over, I suggest you start over with ConfigMgr 12.  I personally think it would be a long-term poor choice to install CM07; and THEN have to plan a migration to CM12.

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

lunedì 11 giugno 2012 13:30
  • hi,

No you will not have to extend the schema again, Make sure that there are now old objects published in the AD under System\System Management from the old site server, if so remove them.

Regards.
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

lunedì 11 giugno 2012 13:31