none
Adobe Reader XI Deployment Issue

Domanda

• Dears,

I am facing issues in most the machines while deploying Adobe Reader XI from SCCM, and issue in reporting after installation.

Error 1 : Script for Package:C0100123, Program: Adobe Reader XI failed with exit code 1602

Raising event:
    [SMS_CodePage(437), SMS_LocaleID(1033)]
    instance of SoftDistProgramErrorEvent
    {
    AdvertisementId = "C0120091";
    ClientID = "GUID:5353B102-3A71-4773-9946-00B242E4854A";
    DateTime = "20130109073504.758000+000";
    ExitCode = "1602";
    MachineName = "WSRUHHQ060";
    PackageName = "C0100123";
    ProcessID = 1832;
    ProgramName = "Adobe Reader XI";
    SiteCode = "C01";
    ThreadID = 6488;
    UserContext = "NT AUTHORITY\\SYSTEM";
    };

Raised Program Error Event for Ad:C0120091, Package:C0100123, Program: Adobe Reader XI

Execution is complete for program Adobe Reader XI. The exit code is 1602, the execution status is FailureNonRetry

CExecutionRequest::InvalidAndDeleteFromWmi Adobe Reader XI

CExecutionRequest::InvalidAndDeleteFromWmi Adobe Reader XI

Execution request deleted for package C0100123 program Adobe Reader XI, advert C0120091

In some machines

Error

Script for Package:C0100123, Program: Adobe Reader XI failed with exit code 150120

Raising event:
    [SMS_CodePage(720), SMS_LocaleID(1025)]
    instance of SoftDistProgramErrorEvent
    {
    AdvertisementId = "C0120091";
    ClientID = "GUID:6A31A542-4054-4705-B602-8B5A0A9DACCA";
    DateTime = "20130109075955.141000+000";
    ExitCode = "150120";
    MachineName = "WSRUHHQ1663";
    PackageName = "C0100123";
    ProcessID = 1532;
    ProgramName = "Adobe Reader XI";
    SiteCode = "C01";
    ThreadID = 5476;
    UserContext = "NT AUTHORITY\\SYSTEM";
    };

Raised Program Error Event for Ad:C0120091, Package:C0100123, Program: Adobe Reader XI

Execution is complete for program Adobe Reader XI. The exit code is 150120, the execution status is FailureNonRetry

Regards, SCCM Pro.

mercoledì 9 gennaio 2013 08:02

Risposte

• if you go through the link posted by Narahari B, you will see that the cleaner tool can be used in a silent manner.

so, to install adobe reader XI, just perform two steps:

-use the cleaner tool

-then run your setup

distributing applications on a large scale should always be tested on a representative number of machines to have your command line ready before the start.

sccm just executes what you feed it

for more help in this case I would refer to the adobe forum/communities as already posted

giovedì 10 gennaio 2013 21:56
  • Dears, If you use "Install only when no user is logged on" the report will generate as the machines are waiting state. The installation will automatically close the pdf proccess, if running, in rare cases, you will face issue with this process. i have deployed Adobe reader 11 on 1000 machines (with out using any application to stop adobe process) out of which i faced problem in 50 machines with out using any application to stop adobe process, where the process did n't close automatically.

So, i traced out these machines and manually closed adobe process..

Regards, SCCM Pro.

• Contrassegnato come risposta Mohammed SCCM mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 08:31
    mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 08:31

Tutte le risposte

• error 1602= user cancelled installation

did you allow interaction during the adobe XI deployment?

mercoledì 9 gennaio 2013 12:10
  • No, there is no user interaction. because, It is a silent installation and installed on around 300 machines out of 650.

Regards, SCCM Pro.

mercoledì 9 gennaio 2013 12:31
  • For The exit code is 150120  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4817782

Use the Acrobat Cleaner Tool to completely remove Adobe Reader, then try the Reader installation again.  Note that the cleaner tool will also remove Acrobat if it is installed.

P.S. CS6 has its own cleaner tool: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Narahari

mercoledì 9 gennaio 2013 12:35
  • Dear,

I have around 250 machines. I can't uninstall the application for each machine. please provide some solution..

Regards, SCCM Pro.

mercoledì 9 gennaio 2013 13:37
  • if you go through the link posted by Narahari B, you will see that the cleaner tool can be used in a silent manner.

so, to install adobe reader XI, just perform two steps:

-use the cleaner tool

-then run your setup

distributing applications on a large scale should always be tested on a representative number of machines to have your command line ready before the start.

sccm just executes what you feed it

for more help in this case I would refer to the adobe forum/communities as already posted

giovedì 10 gennaio 2013 21:56
  • It is already tested, there is no problem no problem in command line also. Installed successfully on 600 machines out of 1000. But the remaining machines are having issues with this error..

Regards, SCCM Pro.

venerdì 11 gennaio 2013 10:48
  • I had similar issues with Reader 9, and 10. I have written some very sophisticated batch files that will fix most installer issues.

The adobe clean tool might work, but you want automation, and here is something to try.

first, check one of the bad machines. at a command prompt run

reg query HKCR\installer\products /s /f "Adobe Reader"

if you get any results, even if you have removed the old version, then there are remnants blocking your from installing again.

The fix:

This is what I did for Acrobat Pro 9 - modify accordingly (probably just change "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro" to "Adobe Reader")

::Remove Adobe pro 9 fragments from registry / backup regkey before deleting

for /F "tokens=1" %%a in ('reg query HKCR\installer\products /s /f "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro" ^| findstr "HKEY"') do set ACROKEY=%%a
    REG export %ACROKEY% c:\acroHKCR.reg /y
    reg export HKLM\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall c:\acrouninstall.reg /y
    reg delete %ACROKEY% /f
    for /F "tokens=1" %%a in ('reg query HKLM\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall /s /f "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro" ^| findstr "HKEY"') do reg DELETE %%a /f
    for /F "tokens=1" %%a in ('reg query HKCR\installer\products /s /f "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro" ^| findstr "HKEY"') do set ACROKEY=%%a
    REG export %ACROKEY% c:\acroHKCR.reg /y
    reg delete %ACROKEY% /f

::END

Then try installing the package.  I have built thousands of batch files for products that incorperate smart checking for proper installation and what not.

• Modificato SCCM_Scout giovedì 17 gennaio 2013 19:40
    giovedì 17 gennaio 2013 19:40
  • Hi,

I have not read all the posts, but I had similar problem.

Try the Adobe Customization Wizard 11 , you can use the setting "uninstall earlier versions".

giovedì 7 marzo 2013 13:34
  • also, you may want to check if the logged on user (if any) is currently reading a pdf file, I just had this issue (error 1602) and that was the cause.

I plan on doing the installation after the user log off (in the advertisment)

lunedì 15 aprile 2013 14:49
  • You can use the condition "Install only when no user is logged on" in the advertisement.

If in case you cannot use the above condition then the better way to use coretech shutdown application utility.
    http://blog.coretech.dk/kea/new-version-of-the-coretech-shutdown-tool/

Create a dependent package to always run the shutdown utility before the adobe package. It has options to inform the user about a new installation and gives the user the option to click OK and close an application (or a countdown before closing the app automatically).

Be careful on the tool usage, and test it on test environments before rolling out, as misuse of the tool will shutdown the machine instead of application process.
    If required get proper approvals for deploying this freeware on production network.

Rajeesh M | My Blog: http://scorpITs.blogspot.com | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

martedì 16 aprile 2013 08:25
  •  

Some applications like adobe, java etc... these are very critical and common application and require a VERY robust testing. I think on the machines on which anything related to PDF (be it a add in) was opened the installation got failed.

I would suggest that you should try to install the application manually on any one of those machines, before you do that make sure that no services related to PDF should be running on that computer.

Try to check and let us know.

- Bharvesh

martedì 16 aprile 2013 15:44
  • hi, thanks for the tool I didn't knew it, it looks nice!

our users are constantly logged in, so "Install only when no user is logged on" won't work.

I've decided to use a task sequence including a reboot before installing Reader XI, hopefully my users won't rush to open their session and then a pdf file^^ (now I also included a message saying "don't open a pdf file during 15minutes... we'll see.)

martedì 16 aprile 2013 18:25
  • Dears, If you use "Install only when no user is logged on" the report will generate as the machines are waiting state. The installation will automatically close the pdf proccess, if running, in rare cases, you will face issue with this process. i have deployed Adobe reader 11 on 1000 machines (with out using any application to stop adobe process) out of which i faced problem in 50 machines with out using any application to stop adobe process, where the process did n't close automatically.

So, i traced out these machines and manually closed adobe process..

Regards, SCCM Pro.

• Contrassegnato come risposta Mohammed SCCM mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 08:31
    mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 08:31
  • Hi Mohammed,

Good to hear that the issue resolved now. We had also faced this issue last year on 920 machines out of 19000 machines. My search for a successful redeployment via SCCM ended up with the "Shutdown Tool" from Coretech blog.

Since it is around 50 machines we can go for a manual procedure. There is 5% failure in the case. Think if you deploy to a big network of 10000 machines and the failure is 500 now. Manual intervention or installation will not be a best option in that case.

And that’s why we check on some better options like below:

1. Redeploy the failure machines with “Install only when no user is logged on” option on advertisement properties.
    2. Using 3rd party tools (like coretech shutdown tool) to give intimation to user and stop the process for a successful deployment  http://blog.coretech.dk/kea/new-version-of-the-coretech-shutdown-tool/
    3. Not forcing the user to stop but educating them to close open files using a flash message  http://blog.coretech.dk/jgs/coretech-auto-install-warning-freeware/

Rajeesh M | My Blog: http://scorpITs.blogspot.com | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 11:05
  • "The installation will automatically close the pdf proccess, if running"

sorry are you sure? it didn't for me. If a pdf was open, the installation failed.  Did you use the adobe customization wizard XI to configure the installer?

thanks.

mercoledì 17 aprile 2013 14:07
  • Dear Rajeesh,

you are right. if the network is large we have to chose some automated process to kill pdf process. Most of the times it will automatically close the pdf process, but i some we have to use the mentioned tool..Can you tell me how did u use this tool.

Second thing i want to ask you one thing.. Now we are deploying Symantec Enterprise vault Outlook Add-in in our organization.. means we are upgrading the old version from 8.X.X to 10.X.X. The first issue is that i am unable to upgrade the older, so i have decided to remove the old version and install new one. but for removing old version i have used  command  like msiexec /x XXX.msi /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress,

BUt this command is working on same version of EV. so i am searching for some tool or script which is independent of version and which can remove the agent without any issue. Even i have post on Symantec but no use..If have any tool or scriptplease mail me @ nadeemulghani@gmail.com.

Dear ersatyle, 

PDF process will be closed automatically, but in some cases you have kill the process either by re-starting the machine or logging off.

Regards, SCCM Pro.

giovedì 18 aprile 2013 12:08