none
Change service Request before runbook invoke

Pergunta

• I'm implementing service manager Self Service portal with Orchestrator and Virtual Machine Manager (all 2012).

The users sends requests by Service Requests and the IT review the request and, approve\disapprove. If approve- Orchestrator's runbook is being invoked..

I want to know how the IT could change the request.. lets say the users asked for 300g storage and the IT want to approve only 200 - how could the IT change the request and invoke the runbook with the new data ?

thank you.

domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 12:46

Respostas

•  Hi Sharon,

Process wise you should not allow IT to change/modify the request - They should instead deny the request with a reason. If the user can accept the fact that IT only allow 200gb, he/she must create a new request - If the user can't accept it, you'll have another situation you need to take care of. :-)

My 2 cents,

Kenneth

Bess, Kenneth - http://www.systemcenterblog.net

domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 20:11
  • Hi Sharon,

I agree with Kenneth that from a process perspective that is how it should work but to accommodate your requirement, you could limit the presentation of the available VM templates for the user to select from a known definition of VMs. This would allow you to specify a small, medium or large VM and have additional resources added, if required. If you want the users to be able to specify an adhoc VM configuration, your runbooks will become quite complicated as you will need to take care of building the VM configuration from scratch and you would also need to fins methods of limiting the selectable options. The simplest approach is to present VM templates.

Dean

• Marcado como Resposta Sharon_A terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2012 15:56
    segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2012 11:01

Todas as Respostas

•  Hi Sharon,

Process wise you should not allow IT to change/modify the request - They should instead deny the request with a reason. If the user can accept the fact that IT only allow 200gb, he/she must create a new request - If the user can't accept it, you'll have another situation you need to take care of. :-)

My 2 cents,

Kenneth

Bess, Kenneth - http://www.systemcenterblog.net

domingo, 17 de junho de 2012 20:11
  • Hi Sharon,

I agree with Kenneth that from a process perspective that is how it should work but to accommodate your requirement, you could limit the presentation of the available VM templates for the user to select from a known definition of VMs. This would allow you to specify a small, medium or large VM and have additional resources added, if required. If you want the users to be able to specify an adhoc VM configuration, your runbooks will become quite complicated as you will need to take care of building the VM configuration from scratch and you would also need to fins methods of limiting the selectable options. The simplest approach is to present VM templates.

Dean

• Marcado como Resposta Sharon_A terça-feira, 26 de junho de 2012 15:56
    segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2012 11:01