none
Systems Center Service Manager 2012 - operational definitions

Pergunta

• The first question I have, is if the knowledge base can be secured so certain articles are shown to specific people? My understanding right now is there are 3 different states a knowledge article can be in. These states are Archived, Published, and Draft. Do you know if there is any additional security that controls who can see what articles beyond those states? The next question I have is regarding run as accounts. Any idea on why multiple duplicate run as accounts might show up within the security area under Data Warehouse, and if any extraneous duplicated can be cleared somehow? This doesn't appear to be effecting anything, but seems like a potential bug or defect. Lastly, I am looking for a definition on the term area and its association with any other objects in Service Manager for Activities, Service Requests, and Change Requests. In other words, would 'Area' be similar to a service group or organization department in an Incident or would it be more similar to a classification type in an Incident? None of these operational definitions are currently effecting the tool's ability to do what it's designed to do at this time, but are definitely areas that I would like to further understand.

-Adam

adamsh

terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012 16:21

Respostas

• Normally you have 2 run as accounts with the ending "SecureReference":

One is "SCSM-Management-Group SecureReference" and one is "SCSM-DataWarehouse-Management-Group SecureReference".

Did you unregister an old Data Warehouse Server and register a new DW Server in the past?

---

Regarding a workflow to populate an AD Group to the Assigned To User field:

Maybe this forum thread is helpful (even if it is showing how to work with a Change Request and the Created By User): How to use scsm-newrelationshipobject with smlets

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012 19:11

Todas as Respostas

• Regarding you knowledge base question:

Maybe this blog post from Anders is helpful: Target knowledge to a group of users

Even it's written for SCSM 2010 it should work for SCSM 2012.

Regarding you the terms of "Area" of Activities, Service Requests and Change Request:

In my opinion it's more like a classification than a a "support group" or an organizational attribute. The Area attribute might be helpful as a criteria for views or to filter work items in a report.

Regarding the duplicate run as accounts:

What are the names of the duplicated run as accounts? Or maybe you can provide a screenshot?

terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012 18:16
  • The items which are showing 'SecureReference' are the duplicates that I see. 

I am also wondering if you know of a trigger or workflow that might be able to populate an AD Group in the assigned to field of an incident when a specific support group is selected? 

-Adam

adamsh

terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012 18:46
  • Normally you have 2 run as accounts with the ending "SecureReference":

One is "SCSM-Management-Group SecureReference" and one is "SCSM-DataWarehouse-Management-Group SecureReference".

Did you unregister an old Data Warehouse Server and register a new DW Server in the past?

---

Regarding a workflow to populate an AD Group to the Assigned To User field:

Maybe this forum thread is helpful (even if it is showing how to work with a Change Request and the Created By User): How to use scsm-newrelationshipobject with smlets

terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012 19:11
  • Yes I did Unregister and Register a Data Warehouse.

adamsh

terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012 19:25
  • Maybe during the unregister/register process something went wrong and for that reason you have the duplicates.

terça-feira, 12 de junho de 2012 20:18