none
Software package to injest drivers into PC's driverstore

Întrebare

• I want to run a pnputil -a <driver>.inf to injest some old Brother drivers via a software distribution. If I run the command via DOS as admin then all is fine. However when using software distribution I get a 'Failed (bad environment)' error. Note I have not specified an O/S for this deployment so can't imagine any conflict here.

Am I able to run the pnputil command or do I need to call up DOS first to successfully deploy? eg cmd /K: pnputil -a <driver>.inf?

Thanks

• Mutat de Michael W [MSFT] 9 martie 2012 16:32 task sequences handled by OSD (From:Configuration Manager Software Distribution)
    6 februarie 2012 16:20

Răspunsuri

Toate mesajele

• So you can run the command locally but not via SCCM.  Run the advertisment as an optional one and then change it to look like this

====

pnputil -a <driver>.inf

pause

-------

then you click the box to allow interaction, run it and see what the error states.  It might need to be run as a user and not as the System Account.

http://www.sccm-tools.com http://sms-hints-tricks.blogspot.com
    6 februarie 2012 17:20
  • I get the following when run (within a batch file using command pnputil -a <driver>.inf)

'pnputil.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file

I've run this as a user and as an admin

Note if I run the batch file from the cache folder manually it works.

3 martie 2012 00:28
  • I get the following when run (within a batch file using command pnputil -a <driver>.inf)

'pnputil.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file

I've run this as a user and as an admin

Note if I run the batch file from the cache folder manually it works.

How about if you run 

"%windir%\system32\pnputil.exe" -a <patchtodriver>\driver.inf  

inside your batch file

My Microsoft Core Infrastructure & Systems Management blog - blog.danovich.com.au

3 martie 2012 00:53
  • Same error

C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\CCM\Cache\UAT00045.7.System>"C:\WINDOWS\system32\pnputil.exe
    " -a c:\Pentax\pj3.inf
    '"C:\WINDOWS\system32\pnputil.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external
     command,
    operable program or batch file.

3 martie 2012 01:12
  • That's strange. This is Windows 7 yeah? How about if you copy the pnputil.exe into your package source and use that instead?

My Microsoft Core Infrastructure & Systems Management blog - blog.danovich.com.au

3 martie 2012 01:20
  • He he. I've tried that also and yep Windows 7. I'm baffled so far
    3 martie 2012 01:26
  • Anything to do with 64-bit File System redirection?
    3 martie 2012 01:26
  • He he. I've tried that also and yep Windows 7. I'm baffled so far
    What was the error msg when you put the exe in your package source?

4 martie 2012 23:47
  • Try using a task sequence.

1.  Create a "run command line" step.

cmd.exe /c md c:\temp\installdir

(You can add a condition to not run this step if the c:\temp\installdir directory already exists.)

2.  Create a "run command line" step.

xcopy.exe ".\*.*" "c:\temp\installdir" /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

Check the "package" box and select the package that contains the source files.

3.  Create a "run command line" step.

Set your install command "pnputil -a <driver>.inf

Set the working directory to c:\temp\installdir

You can specify the local administrator account on the final step, if that's determined to be the issue.

Nicholas Jones, MCITP® | Core Infrastructure Consultant | Sparkhound | https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/nicholas.jones/profile

6 martie 2012 03:18
  • Hi.

I had the exact same problem. You are using 64-bit Windows 7 and SCCM2007 right?

The solution for me was to run the pnputil command this way as it's not present in the SysWOW64 folder.

%windir%\Sysnative\pnputil -i -a "C:\temp\hdspdriver\hdsp.inf"

/anders hannus

28 mai 2013 10:22
  • 10 iunie 2013 14:06