none
How to clear a Failed Job Status? Ignore greyed out.

Întrebare

•  

Hello all,

I was migrating 3 VMs from one host to another.  All three jobs failed.  Turns out the VHDs were not copied over properly during the Migration.  I manually copied them over and started all VMs on the new Host with no issues. 

When I go into the SCVMM console however, I see a Job Status of Failed in the Virtual Machines View and cannot connect to the running VMs.  When I right click the failed VMs I have an option to remove and repair.  If I click Repair, I have the options to Retry or Undo with Ignore greyed out.  How do I get the Ignore option so I can view these VMs via the SCVMM Console?

Thanks...

13 februarie 2008 14:17

Răspunsuri

•  

Basically hid the VMs from SCVMM and then Removed the VMs in the SCVMM Console.  Once removed, added them to the VM Host again and they should up in the SCVMM Console properly.
    20 februarie 2008 20:53

Toate mesajele

• The three repair actions are all used for different types of problems.  For a failed migrations you would want to either Retry or Undo.  The undo will put everything back to the way it was before.  I personally would remove all of the steps that you did manually and then use the retry.  Allowing the VMM Engine continue with the migration.  But the Undo will allow you to delete the failed machines after it is back in a stopped state.

13 februarie 2008 14:33
  • I did try a Retry and Undo initially prior to the manual copy and both failed.

Everything is up and running now.  I don't want to have to undo it all and redo it again.  The VMs are about 40 GB each.  I am looking for a quick hack or something that can clear this up quick and easy rather than schedule another 4 hour outage to do this again.

MS I am waiting for a response.

13 februarie 2008 15:38
  •  

Basically hid the VMs from SCVMM and then Removed the VMs in the SCVMM Console.  Once removed, added them to the VM Host again and they should up in the SCVMM Console properly.
    20 februarie 2008 20:53
  • What did you do to hide the VM from SCVMM?

11 iunie 2008 17:29
  • How did you do this? I have the same problem
    19 septembrie 2009 13:40
  • Remove the host from SCVMM than add the host back again. In my case worked.
    28 iunie 2011 17:47
  •  

In this scenario, VM's will be lost their respective owners information in SCVMM once host is re-added. Just for your information.

Ratnakar

14 martie 2012 13:13