none
Email notification when closing ticket scsm 2012

Întrebare

• I want to create an email notification that send an email to the affected user when an engineer is closing the ticket. I'm new to scsm 2012, but had the functionality to send an email when the ticket is assigned to an engineer working via an MP that I downloaded. Can somebody tell me how to create such notification for cosing as well?

Dennis de Roo

2 iunie 2012 05:32

Răspunsuri

• Hi Dennis !

Thats quite easy.

1.) Generate an E-Mail template with the appropriate text for the affected user (Adimin -> Notifications -> Templates)

2.) Generate a workflow for Incidents (Admin -> Workflow configuration -> Incident Event Workflow Configuration -> New)

In the Workflow configuration wou´ll set - when the Incident changes from Status "in progress" to "closed".

Dont apply a new template, just enabl notification. Select the "affected user" and use the E-Mail template created above.

This should do it !

Have fun - Roman

Problem talk creates problems, solution talk creates solutions (Steve deShazer)

3 iunie 2012 05:14
  • Hi !

The question is - where is the resolution ?

In an activity, inside the Incident, in the action Log ?

R.

3 iunie 2012 13:37

Toate mesajele

• Hi Dennis !

Thats quite easy.

1.) Generate an E-Mail template with the appropriate text for the affected user (Adimin -> Notifications -> Templates)

2.) Generate a workflow for Incidents (Admin -> Workflow configuration -> Incident Event Workflow Configuration -> New)

In the Workflow configuration wou´ll set - when the Incident changes from Status "in progress" to "closed".

Dont apply a new template, just enabl notification. Select the "affected user" and use the E-Mail template created above.

This should do it !

Have fun - Roman

3 iunie 2012 05:14
  • Hi Roman,

Great that works.

Another question, At this point I can only send the mail and have this in the template

Dear $Context/Path[Relationship='WorkItem!System.WorkItemAffectedUser' TypeConstraint='System!System.User']/Property[Type='System!System.User']/FirstName$,

I want to send the resolution with this notification. Do you know how to do that?

Thanks again,

Dennis de Roo

3 iunie 2012 06:22
  • Hi !

The question is - where is the resolution ?

In an activity, inside the Incident, in the action Log ?

R.

3 iunie 2012 13:37