none
SCSM 2012 Portal permissions on service offerings.

คำถาม

• SCSM 2012 RC

I have followed the admin guide and tried http://blog.concurrency.com/infrastructure/scsmportalpermisions/
    But I am still having no success limiting the service offering in the portal. When I limit the user no service offerings show at all.
    Here is what I find confusing. If I go into the Edit User Role. I select the Catalog item groups I want the user to see. The user get nothing.
    If I click the check box "Select All" at the bottom of this section so that all Catalog items are selected. I still get nothing.
    But of I select the radio button "All catalog items can be accessed" the user see all the service offerings.
    I make no other changes but the above. What am I missing?

Thanks for you help

Jeff

28 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 18:12

คำตอบ

• I just found something! I only included my own made Service Offering in the Catalog Group I created. When I selected this Catalog Group at the "Create User Role" wizard, nothing appeared. But after I also added the underlying Request Offering to the custom Catalog Group, the Service Offering appeared!

In the blog of Duncan, he says "Next select the Service Offerings and Requests that you want the group to view", so only adding a Service Offering to the Catalog Group isn't enough. You also have to add the associated request.

I hope this also helps you, Jeff.

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย JohanDeHaan 15 มีนาคม 2555 14:00
    • ยกเลิกการนำเสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย JohanDeHaan 23 มีนาคม 2555 13:24
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Jeff Trumbull 23 มีนาคม 2555 19:28
    15 มีนาคม 2555 14:00

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Really no one else is having this issue? No ideas? I am still not able to get anywhere on this. Even if a reinstall would fix this I would like to know what is causing it. Everything else seems to be working fine. I am focused on the service request portion of this product as it will be what we will use. We use remedy for CR and incidents but it lacks a good portal for request. SCSM and SCORCH are what I would like to use going forward but I have to make the POC work to sell management on. That way when it goes RTM we are ready to build our DEV enviroment.

Thanks for looking

Jeff

12 มีนาคม 2555 13:12
  • Jeff,

A few questions:

1.What happens if instead of using the select all you choose the Generic Incident Request Catalog and the Catalog you built.

2.Also have you made any customizations to the to the incident or service request forms (adding fields ect.)

3. Are all the parts used in your Service Request (like templates) contained in the management pack you select when you create the user role?

14 มีนาคม 2555 19:02
  • Hi Jeff,

Today I ran into the same issue. I have created a Service Offering, some Groups and Queues and bound it all together with a User Role (End User). The strange thing is: the defined service offering isn’t showed.

Only when I select “All work items can be accessed”, “All configuration items can be accessed”, “All catalog items can be accessed” and “All forms can be accessed” the service offering is displayed. When I am more specific about which queue, group of configuration items, group of catalog items or templates this user role has access to, the Service Offering isn’t visible.

I have made some customizations (added an extra property to service offerings, incidents and some other work items) and I did make some of these customizations in different management packs. Also the queues, groups and templates. 

And to answer some of Duncan's questions:

1. It doesn't show any kind of offering when I only select Generic Incident Request Catalog and my own Catalog (group).

2. Yes, I made an extra property "Customer" which is a List (containing some of our Customers). But also before i made this change the portal wasn't displaying my own catalog items.

3. I selected all of the management packs, just to be sure. Doesn't make any difference as far as I can see.

15 มีนาคม 2555 13:41
  • J, 

If you make any customization to the forms the management packs containing those customization must be selected in your user role. 

A quick question for you J if you log in as an admin do your service offerings show? If not can you check and make sure you added request offerings to your service offerings. If your service offerings have no request offerings nothing will show up on the main page.

Thanks,

Duncan

15 มีนาคม 2555 13:51
  • I just found something! I only included my own made Service Offering in the Catalog Group I created. When I selected this Catalog Group at the "Create User Role" wizard, nothing appeared. But after I also added the underlying Request Offering to the custom Catalog Group, the Service Offering appeared!

In the blog of Duncan, he says "Next select the Service Offerings and Requests that you want the group to view", so only adding a Service Offering to the Catalog Group isn't enough. You also have to add the associated request.

I hope this also helps you, Jeff.

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย JohanDeHaan 15 มีนาคม 2555 14:00
    • ยกเลิกการนำเสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย JohanDeHaan 23 มีนาคม 2555 13:24
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Jeff Trumbull 23 มีนาคม 2555 19:28
    15 มีนาคม 2555 14:00
  • Johan is correct if you have no request offerings added in the service offerings nothing will show up. I will make an edit to the blog to make that more clear.
    15 มีนาคม 2555 14:03
  • Awesome!! That was it. I added the request offering and that service offering shows up. Sheesh that was kicking my butt. I thought it had to be a bug :) It was just me.
    23 มีนาคม 2555 19:27
  • Hi there, same issue here.

Created group with all my request offerings and all the service offerings.

Granted access to that group to a role (end user role with access to everything).

When all catalog items can be accessed is checked i see everything.

When i select my catalog group which has everything in it i see nothing.

Any other ideas?

26 กันยายน 2555 11:22
  • I had this working perfectly for my SSP offerings defined in Catalog Groups then my user roles in my test environment.  It is still working correctly in my test environment and test SSP.

I'm now ready to move all of my work into my Prod environment.

I exported all of my custom mps including the custom forms (sealed AND unsealed).  Everything shows up great under my admin role in the SSP.

My Catalog Groups with defined Offering and Requests all came over.  I had to create the User Roles of course, but I set them up identical to my test environment.  I even tried deleting my CatalogGroups MP that I created and creating the Catalog Groups from scratch again.  I have Offerings and Requests how they need to be and have the catalog group defined in the User Role, but I'm still not getting any results when I try to limit.  If I don't limit the catalog groups, then all offerings and requests show up.

VERY frustrated.  Thoughts on anything I might try?

12 ตุลาคม 2555 16:43